2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: ATI icp test results  (Read 2503 times)

Offline erky

• Adult
ATI icp test results
« on: March 29, 2018, 14:50:28 »
I am anticipating some ICP test results tomorrow, many my tank went from amazing to on the struggle bus in like 2 months.

Husbandry and other practices have not changed, I am stumped. Hope these water samples give me incite on what is going on.

This is not triton's test it is ATI's and the only issue i have had with them is their prepaid label taking 12+ days to get to their location in CA, to then be shipped to Germany. (WTF)

Is there not a demand to have an ICP testing location here in the states?

Offline Agame43

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: ATI icp test results
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 17:09:32 »

Erky, 12+ days to Cali - wow! At this time no, there is no demand and the ATI Essentials program was started out of Europe, has a strong foothold over there where here in the US we are just able to get the product over the past few months. Good luck, keep us posted on your results.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 17:32:16 »
Is this test the same as triton, price and tests?  I believe triton sends the samples overseas also.  I have been thinking of doing a test with my tank water.  My sps have great color, p/e and growth but I cant seem to keep zoes and my goni's dont have good extension.  Never been able to figure it out.
Jeff

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 22:28:19 »
Yes but cheaper

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 08:36:15 »
Is this test the same as triton, price and tests?  I believe triton sends the samples overseas also.  I have been thinking of doing a test with my tank water.  My sps have great color, p/e and growth but I cant seem to keep zoes and my goni's dont have good extension.  Never been able to figure it out.
Jeff

Triton sends to Germany also, the price for ati was $35 on amazon vs $50 for triton, they give the same info basically. I was told by the ATI guys that the prepaid label is just a joke and if you really need results you have to send to a different address;

"I wouldn’t say normal, but not uncommon. For whatever reason the business reply mail is awful.  We have looked into other options but there is no way to include some other kind of label in the package since we do not know what zip it will ship from.  If time is of the essence I would recommend by passing the included label and ship it Priority.

Use this address:

ATI North America

16400 S Avalon Blvd

Gardena CA 90248

The address on the label is the post office, not our office so please do not use that address.  (that’s how business reply mail works)"

would be nice of them to put a note in the kit that would say that... this is now business day 10 and day 13 total for the water samples being in the tubes. I asked on r2r if that would cause any issues and Randy Holmes said it most likely will not change the results. However my RTN'ing corals are telling me different things! im annoyed if you cant tell!

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 09:04:49 »
How is your alkalinity?  I have found with my tank if I get my alk in the 10 range I start to see problems with my corals.  I know alot of people run theirs that high without an issue but I like to shoot for high 8 to 9 range.  Any higher then 9 and I am backing my ca reactor down.
Jeff

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 09:08:08 »
How is your alkalinity?  I have found with my tank if I get my alk in the 10 range I start to see problems with my corals.  I know alot of people run theirs that high without an issue but I like to shoot for high 8 to 9 range.  Any higher then 9 and I am backing my ca reactor down.
Jeff

it had started to creep up into the 10's but i knew that and had been dealing with that. I think there is an water quality issue (heavy metal) or something in the tank.

What i do like about the ATI test is they want 3 tank samples and 1 RO sample, where triton just asks for one vial.

Edit: Im seriously considering a Alk monitor, with two kids I just dont have the time to play with my tank as much as i used to
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 09:21:00 by erky »

Offline muttley000

• Juvenile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 19:19:43 »
What i do like about the ATI test is they want 3 tank samples and 1 RO sample, where triton just asks for one vial.

This and the lower price are why I use ATI no am also dosing their 3 part system right now,  dialing everything in before sending another test.  Interestingly my first test showed a low concentration of molybdenum, I bought that supplement and added the amount they recommended.

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 20:09:41 »
This and the lower price are why I use ATI no am also dosing their 3 part system right now,  dialing everything in before sending another test.  Interestingly my first test showed a low concentration of molybdenum, I bought that supplement and added the amount they recommended.

molybdenum is quite the topic of late, basically from what i understand its for the zoox's health, but not sure "depleted" levels would really effect anything.