2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Vicki's 40b  (Read 26181 times)

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
Re: Vicki's 40b
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2015, 17:32:16 »
Yay!

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2016, 14:40:47 »
Tank is ticking over.

I recently installed an Apex Jr and got it wireless a few days ago.  So far i like it, it's odd but it is reassuring to me that i can log on when i'm at work and check the temp of the tank is okay.  I'll be installing dosers in the near future and maybe an ATO. 

I had bought a reef keeper in November but was sent a bad unit, it went insane about 4 days after i hooked it up; after a few emails back and forth with BRS i sent it back and they credited my account.  I decided to go with the Apex instead; i liked the idea of being able to see and adjust my tank from anywhere and with the RK model i bought i couldn't do that. 

I'm away for a few weeks in the next month or so and then after that i'll be taking more of an active role with the tank.  Getting a few more fish, finally getting more coral and putting a bit more life into it.  It's had long enough to settle i think, almost a year of just sitting and not being messed with other than WCs.  I need a new clown and maybe a few more PJ cardinals.  Maybe a goby or two too, add more movement to it.

Photos later.

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #127 on: January 07, 2016, 19:36:41 »
Photos!  sorry they're so big.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 19:49:57 by vickiwilson »

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2017, 17:59:10 »
It's been well over a year since I updated this thread.  I still have this tank but the last year with it has been a struggle.  My Picasso clown ended up on the carpet even with a plastic tank cover over the whole tank.  I got 2 new clowns which are doing great, I also got a watchman goby at the same time, he did great for a while but I suspect he might have been old when he was sent to me as he was quite large.  One day he disappeared and I haven't seen him since.

I have 1 pj Cardinal left out of 2, the one I have now is a murderer, he killed his buddy and ended up with a broken jaw in the process.  His jaw is still funky but he manages to eat so I'm leaving him alone. 

The tank suffered a massive bryopsis/ hair algae outbreak which killed off some corals.  I dosed with some meds and now am only dealing with the very stubborn hair algae. 

The tank is now in the process of a bubble algae outbreak; I'm doing manual removal and seem to be gaining the upper hand!  The pocillopora I thought had died to bryopsis made a reappearance about a month ago and is popping up in several places.

This tank now only contains corals that couldn't be killed off, even by nuclear war :D. It is the zombie apocalypse survivor tank.  Nothing can kill my massive Devils hand, and it keeps popping off babies so once I've got the rocks. Little better looking I'm going to attach the 6 or so smaller ones and just let them take over.  I still have the pink finger leather, a tonne of blue mushrooms and several kinds of palys.  All I can say is once a leather is comfy, good luck killing it off :)

Pics to come when I get oin a computer not n ipad. 

Offline Grymtooth

• Adult
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2017, 03:38:18 »
An emerald crab or two could help you with the bubble algae. I don't think I would have the patience to hand clean myself.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Alexandra

• Fry
« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2017, 00:32:16 »
An emerald crab or two could help you with the bubble algae. I don't think I would have the patience to hand clean myself.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Your tank is simikar in size to mine. I'm going to follow your thread. Hope you post again soon!

Mchale

« Reply #131 on: December 10, 2017, 10:15:51 »
Yay!

I love your setup, Vicki. You can tell you've put a lot of work into this. I really like the general pink/purple color theme. Amazing tank!

Offline NanoDad

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Fry
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #132 on: January 19, 2018, 12:36:43 »
Great stuff, is this still up and running?  Any updates?