2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: New copperband  (Read 2676 times)

Offline kellyj

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
New copperband
« on: June 27, 2017, 10:37:40 »
Hey all,
I recently acquired a Copperband Butterfly and haven't been able to get him to eat yet.  I have tried mysis, brine, blood worms, and LRS herbivore frenzy.  Has anyone had similar experience and got them to eat?  It's only been 4 days so far, but worried he may not make it.
Kelly

Offline kellyj

• Adult
Re: New copperband
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 17:48:50 »
Too late...came home tonight and he was a goner. 

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 19:24:43 »
Sorry to hear. That unfortunately is he norm for that fish. My guess is 1 in 10 at best survive longer then 90 days. It is sad. There are a lot of fish with really poor survival rate.

Offline Humphrey

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 20:43:51 »
I've had a couple, and even though I got them eating mysis, about 45 days later they'd go missing? 

Steve had one for a long time I think I recall from a prior post.

If you take a crack again, I've gotten them going with bloodworms, and those clams on the half shell that are frozen. Later, putting LRS or similar in a clam shell, and finally onto frozen foods. 

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 17:40:55 »
So what do you all think about trying a copperband? I've always wanted one and corals galore has two that look great and are eating well. I'm concerned my larger tangs would tear one up being a new fish addition. What do you think, walk away?
Thanks
Jeff

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 17:54:25 »
Mine always held it's own against a big yellow, but was in the tank well before the yellow was added. Tough call. Love CBB's.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 18:24:30 »
I think the biggest threat would be my pb tang.  Would one be ok with a tube anemone?

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 19:31:33 »
Would one be ok with a tube anemone?

I'm sure the CBB would be OK with it, not sure how the tube anem would like it. When I first got mine it cleared out hundreds of small tube worms before it touched any aptasia.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 19:53:39 »
So what do you all think about trying a copperband? I've always wanted one and corals galore has two that look great and are eating well. I'm concerned my larger tangs would tear one up being a new fish addition. What do you think, walk away?
Thanks
Jeff

They've got plenty of aiptasia to eat if they're at Corals Galore...

Offline Humphrey

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2017, 22:35:22 »
Guess you could try an acclimation box and see if anyone bothers it?  I don't recall any tang aggression.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2017, 23:07:34 »

[/quote]
I'm sure the CBB would be OK with it, not sure how the tube anem would like it. When I first got mine it cleared out hundreds of small tube worms before it touched any aptasia.
I like my tube anemone and would hate to have a cb attack it for a snack.  I just read on reef central that they will eat tube anemones so a cb is out of the picture.
jeff
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 23:13:25 by jjoos99 »