2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Neptune trident yes please  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Daytonsalt83

• Adult
Neptune trident yes please
« on: August 26, 2017, 01:45:24 »
Up untill now i never saw the value in the system yes some of the features are nice but not worth the 1k but opionions vary..... but now that they have developed a monitoring system for alk cal mag thats something worth having.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/neptune-trident.322205/

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Neptune trident yes please
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 09:29:28 »
I recently bought and installed my first apex classic and I really enjoy having it but I can buy a lot of test kits, coral and other equipment for the price of a $500 testing system that requires I purchase the newest apex controller which is another $700.  If it would control and stabilize your alk you might have happier corals but for $1200 Im out.
Jeff

Offline Daytonsalt83

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 04:10:21 »
Yeah it sucks you can't use it on the classic i dont think id pay the koney either. But it would be nice to have ur testing set up on a timer and be able to check ur phone or even better if it will be able to tell ur dosing system how much to dose and do it automatically have to wait n see when they release more details.

Offline Agame43

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 11:20:34 »

Question, would this new ALk/Calc/Mag monitor system then tie you into using only the Trident chemicals, which kinda is the method of doing no water changes? I have not seen a good Trident tank yet - IMO ? I currently use ESV 2 part for my dosing, with good results and I do several smaller water changes each month. SO if I have to use the trident chemicals, I have that added cost as well and reagents to keep the testing going every week? Wow, kinda a real big move.

Offline muttley000

• Juvenile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 21:31:57 »
Think you are confusing trident and triton method.  The test reagents will likely be exclusive to Neptune.

Offline Agame43

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 21:54:50 »

Ah, ok yes, different!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 01:15:51 »

Offline stifrk

• Fry
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 01:15:39 »
Yeah it sucks you can't use it on the classic i dont think id pay the koney either. But it would be nice to have ur testing set up on a timer and be able to check ur phone or even better if it will be able to tell ur dosing system how much to dose and do it automatically have to wait n see when they release more details.

I am willing to bet that tied in with the DOS system will be the ability of automatic dosing to set parameters. I am pretty sure they will keep that option exclusive to DOS so they can sell more units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk