2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Machine shop services  (Read 3823 times)

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
Machine shop services
« on: December 05, 2011, 18:59:19 »
I use a company in Lebanon, D and E Machine. for my jobs that I need done at work, and this shop did the machine work for my DIY LED fixture.  I spoke to the owner over the weekend, and he said that he'd be happy to drill heatsinks and the like for any of us, and cost is $0.50 per hole, and will be done on a CNC machining center to print.  100 holes for 50 LED's, 50 bucks.  This is something I've set up, if you need acrylic machined, heatsinks drilled and tapped, and so forth, they are friendly and quite reasonable to work with.  You can reach the shop at 513.932.2184.  Drop my name so that they can reference any special pricing for you, and I pass the shop on my way to work every day, so if you decide to use them and don't want to make the trip to Lebanon, you can drop your drawings and materials off at the house and I can arrange to get it to the shop and back.  I've been doing business there for almost 15 years, and the owner cuts me some decent pricing slack, so I may be able to get you a decent deal.  There's nothing in this for me, I'm offering this as something for the club.

Let me know if you need more info.

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Rob

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Machine shop services
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 19:31:07 »
Sweet!  Thanks for the info.
Rob

Offline buk

• Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 20:06:16 »
that's an insane price. i was a machinist for 6 years and still work in a machine shop and there is no way we could every do anything like this and stay afloat. definitely a great deal.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 20:59:02 »
that's an insane price. i was a machinist for 6 years and still work in a machine shop and there is no way we could every do anything like this and stay afloat. definitely a great deal.

Agreed.  That's why I worked this out.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 20:59:58 »
Sweet!  Thanks for the info.

+1

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 21:01:13 »
great
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline The WuSue

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 08:23:16 »
+1 That's an amazing deal.

Offline Todd W.

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 09:47:52 »
Nominate for Sticky in DIY Forum.

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 11:18:31 »
Nominate for Sticky in DIY Forum.

+1
 Also the water jet thread please.

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 16:40:50 »
They willing to do anything else aside from heatsinks etc, kattz? I have a few shrouds and piccanny rails sets I need machined ;)
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 17:54:43 »
+1
 Also the water jet thread please.
+1
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline cbenner

• Juvenile
Machine shop services
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 14:08:53 »
Kent at d&e is a buddy of mine also. I have a shop in Lebanon also. Woodworking. I am CNC equipped if anyone needs acrylic milled.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 18:52:19 »
Kent and the team down there are really good people.