2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: whats all the hype for? I dont get it  (Read 1613 times)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
whats all the hype for? I dont get it
« on: October 04, 2017, 22:36:38 »
 You ever look at a coral online and think I don't get it, whats all the hype about "it's kind of ugly". Well that's the way the WWC Bounce Mushroom  was to me. If I'm really honest I just bought it  because folks often asked me if I had one. It never really interested me.  After spending a whole Lotta money  for an eraser size head I was even less impressed. However that changed as it started to grow.  As weeks turn into months, it began forming brightly colored bubbles. I'm not exactly sure when it went from "hey that's pretty cool" to "wow that's freaking awesome" but it wasn't long.  Now I get what all the craze is about. It really is a site  to behold. What once was a tiny green  piece of flesh with dots has turned into a beautiful bouquet of balloons.  Maybe that's where some of the appreciation comes from;  nurturing a less than significant unnoticed coral into something special.  Right now I'm really digging this coral  with bubbles as large as polyps and colors that rival mother natures best.

What are some coral or fish that you didn't think you liked but love now
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:48:16 by Lazylivin »

Offline Nbehnken

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
Re: whats all the hype for? I dont get it
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 19:07:13 »
I never thought much of them either but when I saw yours it definitely changed my mind.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 23:00:09 »
TJ a friend of mine got a frag from me a couple months back. He sent me this pic a couple weeks ago

Offline Mussin

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 21:21:42 »
Very nice

Offline AnotherPlanet

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
  • Follow me on Instagram @ anotherplanet_reef
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 01:25:32 »
Im very happy you shared these with me Brian. I was intimidated by the investment originally, but I’m quiet happy I got it. I check it daily and can’t wait to see it grow out.
Follow me on Instagram @ anotherplanet_reef