2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: frag swap results  (Read 2221 times)

Offline Reef Tank 2.0

• Adult
  • Shawn
frag swap results
« on: January 15, 2018, 11:09:58 »
I am really surprised that I haven't seen a thread started with frags that people purchased from the Cincinnati frag swap this past weekend.  Or maybe some highlights about the event.
Would like to see pictures of the purchased frags as well.

It's show and tell time.

I did not attend, so I will drool over your frags

Offline Humphrey

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: frag swap results
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 11:34:07 »
It was actually pretty darn busy. And really pretty awesome. I had a hobbiest table and I didn’t even get to walk the show as I was busy the whole time.  Sold most of my stuff (went to $5 Frags at the end which moved some inventory). Saved some $$ for my next Lazy’s or Reef Pets Trip.

I did get some sweet zoas from pipbull!

There were some other Ohio Reefers there.

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 12:40:32 »
I’ll post pictures of my haul as soon as my aquaiclip filter comes in the mail. Snatched up a nice gonipora from Jason Fox and a Sonic the Hedgehog galaxia from Spikes corals.

120 gallon mixed reef.

Offline guynamedfleck

• Juvenile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 17:07:18 »
Hey, I'll share my haul from the swap!  It's dangerous when you have to stick around and be present to win in the raffle aaaaaand they put a bar outside the door.  :alas:
I could use a bit of help with an ID on three of the frags I picked up from a mystery reefer in the hobbyist section.  I got distracted and didn't write down names, then my mind blanked...   

Here is an overall shot of what I picked up. Left to right: Auto-top off unit won in the raffle; 2 frags from macroguy; 2 frags from Spikes Coral; 1 frag from Zoanthid Garden; 3 frags from mystery reefer...

Today in the tank. Left to right: Tidal Garden mellow yellow zoa (zoanthid garden); mystery stick 1; Blueberry Cream Pie monti (Spikes Coral); Green Bay Packer zoa (macroguy); mystery stick 2; Scrambled Eggs zoa (macroguy); Pink Lady zoa (Spikes Coral). Zoa garden in the foreground!  :)

Mystery coral 3 (pay no attention to the flatworms.. such a pain in the @$$).  I vaguely recall something along the lines of ??? evening? Cheerful Evening? 

Close up left.

Close up right.

Like I said, sticks are new to me, so any ID would be awesome. Thank you!

Offline Reef Tank 2.0

• Adult
  • Shawn
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 17:53:03 »
guynamedfleck - thanks for sharing. side question.  is that a magnet from a hydor powerhead holding your frag rack up?  how's that work for ya?

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 17:56:30 »
mystery corals
#1 green digitata
#2 looks like a chili pepper monti, not sure if its branching or not
#3 is a spongodes  monti

Offline guynamedfleck

• Juvenile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 18:00:35 »
guynamedfleck - thanks for sharing. side question.  is that a magnet from a hydor powerhead holding your frag rack up?  how's that work for ya?

Haha, yeah. Thats the power of fish room ingenuity. I've order some nicer racks online, but needed to get these in the tank right away. The hydor magnet has no problem holding a 2" x 6" lighting rack section.

Offline guynamedfleck

• Juvenile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 18:01:17 »
mystery corals
#1 green digitata
#2 looks like a chili pepper monti, not sure if its branching or not
#3 is a spongodes  monti

You are the man!

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 18:03:09 »
You are the man!

no problem, what this forum is for, learning and asking questions. If you need more of the monti's lmk i have tons

Offline guynamedfleck

• Juvenile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 18:16:48 »
no problem, what this forum is for, learning and asking questions. If you need more of the monti's lmk i have tons

My tiny 29g DT is fairly well packed at this point. Though I will be sure to take you up on that offer after the move when I can finally set up the 130g!

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 18:34:15 »
Keep the pics coming! Since I couldn’t purchase anything because of my tank problems, I figured I’d just be depressed if I went. I like seeing what people picked up. That cupcake looking frag in close up left is fantastic!

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 19:31:06 »
I bought a sunset milli and a Jason Fox Fox Flame. nothing else impressed more or was just way over priced for a tiny acro frag, some of the "frags" that were at some vendors were pathetic in size!

Offline megerlej

• Fry
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 23:24:48 »
I bought a few zoas but that was it.  Sorry for the pic quality lol still haven't mastered it.

Offline megerlej

• Fry
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 23:26:01 »
Of course my pics turned sideways lol. I was hoping to score some of pipbulls zoas but I must have missed him.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2018, 09:28:15 »
Nice Zoas meger!