2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: How are you prepared for failures?  (Read 1329 times)

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
How are you prepared for failures?
« on: March 24, 2018, 10:31:45 »
To go along with my post yesterday I thought it would be interesting to see what equipment you have for backup for problems or failures?
Myself I have a generator in my garage/barn, spare return pump, misc heaters.  I sent my led power supply out for repair so that will be an extra.  As money allows I would like to maybe pick up an apex controller brain and possibly eb8 power strip.  I think most other failures I could manage for several days till a replacement could be found.
  On a second note, What about a new sticky for posting items you would be willing to loan out that you have laying around in case others might have an emergency and are in need of.  Might possibly be a thread to reference if something should happen and you are stuck without replacements parts or equipment.  Could potentially save someones tank.
What do you think?
Jeff

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
How are you prepared for failures?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 19:02:16 »
I use the Icecap battery back up and connect it to one of my powerheads. It’s worked for me in the past during a power outage lasting around 4-5 hours. Other than that, I don’t have a lot of back up equipment. Couple heaters and small pumps that might get me by temporarily.

120 gallon mixed reef.