2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Berghia  (Read 1441 times)

Offline dee99gt

• Adult
Berghia
« on: March 26, 2018, 22:58:24 »
I am looking at way to get rid of some aptasia. I tried aptasia x with no luck as it came back.  It’s also in a spot that i can’t reach. I do have 4 small peppermint shrimp that are being lazy.  Does anywhere sell Berghias?
- deejay

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Berghia
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 08:50:52 »
what kindof fish do you have in your system?  I spent $80 on some of them and after introducing them I never saw them again.  My fish are constantly grazing on my rock work and I think they got an $80 snack.  with my fish selection I will never do that again!!
Jeff

Offline dee99gt

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 09:33:21 »
I have 4 lyre tail anthias, 2 chromis, one spot Fox, and a square tail bristletooth..  i have 2 emeralds and 4 peppermints.  The shrimp i have never seen once i put them in.
- deejay

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 10:29:57 »
As expensive as the nudi's are I would be very afraid to put them in with your crab and shrimp.  The fish would probably be ok but maybe not the shrimp.
jeff

Offline Miles

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 11:15:47 »
I just added a bonded pair of bristle tailed filefish which are supposed to eat aiptasia... haven' tseen them eat any yet, but they definitely appear to be picking at it a little.

Offline dee99gt

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 11:33:58 »
I tried aptasia x and that didn’t work.  Just trying everything that i can to try and rid my tank of them. 
- deejay

Offline jfishwild

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 11:41:30 »
i am fighting the same issue i thinking i am going to test my luck with a CCB. :not speak: Wish me luck
We don't know how strong we are until being strong is the only choice we have.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2018, 13:14:53 »
It is hit or miss with the copperbands also. I added one to my tank and haven't seen any reduction of aptasia yet.
Jeff

Offline Miles

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2018, 14:11:40 »
I tried aptasia x and that didn’t work.  Just trying everything that i can to try and rid my tank of them. 

I've been using Aiptasia X for several years... I've always treated it as a short term fix... they always come back within a few weeks....