2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Weekend Frag Swaps  (Read 3100 times)

MechanicalEngineer

Weekend Frag Swaps
« on: April 13, 2008, 22:54:52 »
Some of us dedicated (aka insane) reefers decided to go to one or two of the frag swaps this weekend.  Scott, Jenn, and I went to Indy on Saturday.  We also stopped by Premium Aquatics on Saturday.  Scott, Chris, and I went to C-Sea today (Cleveland.) 

Personally, I thought Indy was smaller, but it was really well planned.  There was adequate space, power, and GREAT items available for the raffle.  C-Sea had a larger turnout, had a more vibrant feel to it, but it was more crowded and had rolling blackouts due to all of the swappers!  Both had their ups and downs, but it was a really great weekend!! 

I sold over $200 this weekend, and actually came home with $16 in profit after buying some nice, pretty items.  Everything of mine sold minus a couple of frags of pink Montipora Digitata (granted, I had about 15 frags).  Maaaybe, I'll post some pictures of my newest finds. 

Everyone else that went, post up!  I had a GREAT time...great company!  Thanks for going!!  If you didn't go, definitely go the next time.

Nikki

MechanicalEngineer

Re: Weekend Frag Swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 00:17:12 »
Rainbow Montipora:

Pokerstar Montipora:

Unknown Acropora:

Unknown Acropora:

Unknown Millipora: 

Bonsai Acropora

Offline mdcoblentz

• Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 13:04:47 »
those are pretty sweet Nikki,  I had Verper pick me up a few frags while he was there and I'm hoping to get those tonight if it works into his schedule. I would like to see some of the other things gotten by people this past weekend too!
Inspired!!!

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 14:50:13 »
Thank you!  Jamie on RC (KologneKoral - best ID guy I've seen yet) thinks they may be Acropora Millipora, Valida, Parilis, and Exquisita.  They're really too small to ID positively, and for the best ID, you really need to see the skeletal structure.  But, they're best guesses.

Offline growingreefer

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 19:29:29 »
Can't wait to be a part of these swaps one day. Love being introduced to the culture of this hobby.