2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: mushrooms  (Read 3545 times)

mash35231

mushrooms
« on: May 22, 2008, 09:54:29 »
 At first I thought that mushroom was cute but now.....I have too many purple and green mushrooms....they aren't cute anymore!!!! They're growing like weeds and taking over my tank. Last weekend I pulled out about 1/4 of my rock and started pulling them off one at a time. There has to be a better way!!!!! I still have hundreds of them to get out of my tank...any home cures out there?

Offline Joel

• Adult
Re: mushrooms
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 10:25:54 »
Larger raccoon butterfly fish often will eat mushrooms

Offline Riderc82

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 20:32:45 »
Ive heard you can inject them with kalkwasser, I've never tried it though.  Make sure you don't do them in all in one day this way it may mess with your water chemistry if you have a bunch of shrooms.

apelaston

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 10:36:22 »
I could 'cure' a few of each color for you lol i have a secluded spot in my tank right now with just some red mushrooms on one rock-COVERED.
I planned on doing 5 colors in that corner ..i have just been picking them off when the red ones migrate where they are not supposed to lol..
just a thought..........................

Offline growingreefer

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 19:27:41 »
You said you just plucked your mushrooms off? How do you do that? I'd love to move some of mine around in my tank.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 20:12:24 »
Some old threads you're reviving here : ) Someone's been doing a lot of reading!

Offline growingreefer

• Fry
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 23:56:05 »
My bad I wasn't paying attention to the date. I'm new to the hobby maybe 9 months in, and this community of reefers is new to me in the past few days. I've been reading a lot on this forum the past few days trying to figure some stuff out. The mushrooms are the only coral I currently have.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 08:27:34 »
Growingreefer, no worries. Its good to read as much as you can. That's how we learn!