2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: New Rotifers  (Read 2990 times)

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
New Rotifers
« on: March 16, 2018, 17:00:50 »
So I got in on the bulk food order and got some frozen rotifers. They appear to be similar to the reef chili once you get it thawed in your feeding cup. But, they appear not to raise the PO4 like the RC and Roids do. Corals seem to be responding well to them. So....

1. How often do you rotifer guys, and gals, feed your SPS?
2. Do you spot feed it or just broadcast feed?

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
New Rotifers
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 17:24:49 »
That would explain why my frozen mix turned into more of a coral food than fish food. Broadcast feeding..accidentally lol.

120 gallon mixed reef.

Offline Humphrey

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: New Rotifers
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 20:33:12 »
Broadcast 2x/week rotifers, chili, roads.  Can’t actually say wheather to the right frequency or not?  Just what I do.

Daily Red Sea A & B.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 20:44:10 »
That would explain why my frozen mix turned into more of a coral food than fish food. Broadcast feeding..accidentally lol.

120 gallon mixed reef.
Lol Brian. You’re killing me!

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 20:51:09 »
Broadcast 2x/week rotifers, chili, roads.  Can’t actually say wheather to the right frequency or not?  Just what I do.

Daily Red Sea A & B.
Great input Humphrey. Thanks. I’ve been doing roids about 3 times a week but that really makes the PO4 go up. The rotifers don’t seem to do that. I just hope the rotifers are enough nutrition when used with Brian’s gumbo.

My corals are doing fantastic. Was finally able to pick up my Walt Disney that Pip was holding and I am LOVING it!