2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Fish selection  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Ohioreefjr

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Juvenile
Fish selection
« on: November 25, 2018, 23:10:23 »
Looking for suggestions, recommendations or opinions on what I should put in my 29 gallon biocube moving forward. Currently it has 2 domino damsels, however I will be moving them to a different tank when I go to add other fish. I have done some research and it seems hard to find what species of fish do best in these nano reefs. So my question is does anyone know what fish would be fine in the tank and a possible stock list of a few different species that would go well together?

Offline Heinbaughb

• Adult
Re: Fish selection
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 23:44:44 »
I just set up a 12g nano and also had to do some planning on the stocking. I have a tail spot blenny and a barbershop high fine goby that will be going in it. They have paired up in the QT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JMM

• Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 08:33:25 »
Kept a purple fire fish in my 30 cube for over a year with no issues at all. Pretty fish that was always out and about.

Offline Ohioreefjr

• Juvenile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 08:58:24 »
I have seen alot of people have either a blenny or a goby in their nano reefs, and fire fish are another one i've noticed people favor. I do intend to put an oscellaris clown pair in the tank, but I would like to add something to go with them. I'm just trying to make sure I don't overstock