2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Need Help, Apex WAV  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Agame43

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Need Help, Apex WAV
« on: December 21, 2017, 19:19:09 »

I have a 3 head Apex WAV system on my 168g Rimless tank and it was working fine until I decided to do some "cable mess clean up" and now it does not work at all?

Items done so far:
1. cycled power 2x times
2. Disconnected and reconnected each power head to the LM link
3. Loaded each program to the cloud once through Fusion
4. Changed each program a tad bit and did a cloud reload through Fusion
5. I have a green power light "on" at the power supply and LM link

All 3 power heads are just sitting there, not really sure what else to do? I am wondering if the "Link Module" can go bad. Was wondering as well do I try a new USB port on the EB8 and see what happens?

Any tips or insights would be greatly appreciated.   ???   :-\

Offline erky

• Adult
Re: Need Help, Apex WAV
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 08:17:48 »
could you unplug and restart your cable box? lol im sorry im no help i have always wanted to tell someone that!!!!

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 19:31:09 »
Which apex  (Classic or 2016) ?

What does the module page report.  This will be in fusion for the 2016, or the local web interface for the classic.

Offline Agame43

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 20:31:24 »

I run the classic. Would I still see something on the web interface module if this entire system is run off another USB cable? Am I asking the question correctly? I run currently 3 separate EB8's with this system, two of the EB8's run one system and then I have this entire other system run via USB from the main EB8. I had the WAV running for a couple weeks, undid the cables to clean up the mess, put them back and nothing? What my main screen does tell me (Fusion) is that my current version is outdated? Could I be caught up with this not being current? Thanks!

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 21:26:47 »
What is your firmware version..... the latest firmware was to add support for COR pumps and FMM updates.  There appears to be a 1link firmware update too, but does not appear to be related to WAV pumps.

I don't have my Classic running anymore, and I'm not sure how 1-link devices show up on the Classic.   But open your web interface (not fusion)   and look at Configuration / Modules.   Look for anything marked (OLD)  post a screenshot of that page if you can.

Offline Agame43

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 23:57:10 »

I captured this from my "desktop" does this help? It does show the Link Module as "Old"?

Offline Agame43

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 00:10:30 »

one more: I need to see if my Firmware is updated as well! This tells me the dashboard and current Firmware do not jive!

Offline Agame43

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 17:03:39 »
Still confused, Has anyone seen this message: I did the Apex Firmware update and updated the Link1 module as well but now on my Apex Fusion I get a message saying that the WAV is "missing"? The module has power, each head is hooked up, not sure, will keep digging around.

Offline Agame43

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 17:28:19 »

Well, cable in - cable out - I unplugged each powerhead again from the module and now they work!

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 22:41:27 »
Sorry, missed your messages.

I'm pretty sure those version numbers should match.  When you update the firmware, are you also updating the web pages?   It's a two step process.  Update the firmware, let the controller reboot, then press update web pages.

Also the two modules that are showing old, have you updated the modules.  You update the modules by selecting them at the top of that page, and then select update firmware.

Offline Agame43

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 10:21:36 »

I did update the WAV 1Link module but when I try the LSM module if never updates, I get a message that says "update will begin in 10sec" and it never does update? I need to look and see if I still use the LSM and the answer is no, this is the Lunar module, I do not have this anymore!