2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Super Charge your Reef  (Read 6852 times)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Super Charge your Reef
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 22:03:51 »
http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/Original-Golden-Pearl-Diets-Active-Spheres-c11.html
That is the link to the 5 to 50 µm and other Micron. I think what was in those tubes were free samples they sent us of different micron. they were a bit larger for small fish and inverts. I think 5 to 50 is ideal for SPS.  I also noticed see fans seem to like it and all their tentacles come out to feed

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 12:41:42 »
Someone asked previously how long the food will last. all the food in the first picture of this thread is gone. I used the last of it last night. The entire time the skimmers been off so all would turn into nutrients in the water. I'm sure I won't be able to feed this much and run no skimmer indefinitely but perhaps another couple weeks or month. Then I will figure out how much I need to feed daily  to keep nitrates steady at around 5ppm or whatever the sweet spot is, which is still an ongoing experiment.

Offline BuckeyeFan

• Adult
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 13:35:22 »

Someone asked previously how long the food will last. all the food in the first picture of this thread is gone. I used the last of it last night. The entire time the skimmers been off so all would turn into nutrients in the water. I'm sure I won't be able to feed this much and run no skimmer indefinitely but perhaps another couple weeks or month. Then I will figure out how much I need to feed daily  to keep nitrates steady at around 5ppm or whatever the sweet spot is, which is still an ongoing experiment.
what test kit are you using to check nitrates ? If you don't mind me asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 16:03:36 »
I am using Salifert for everything with exception of Phosphates & Salinity I use Hannah Meter.

Offline BuckeyeFan

• Adult
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2015, 17:41:06 »
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 21:42:51 »
I made up my own batch of food the other day based on Brians ingredients.  I have been waiting on getting our bulk food from bsd.  I made mine with too much rotifers and pods, next batch will have more solids for the fish,  but the feeding response from the corals is really cool to watch.  several of my sps are extending thread like feeders about 1/2in long.  Alot of other coral's polyps will capture food and retract.  I have never fed the corals before so I am anxious to see the difference it will make.  Thanks Lazy for posting this up for the great idea.
Jeff

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 22:19:27 »
Glad it worked. Let us know if you see any benefits from feeding corals.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 15:43:04 »
Just sharing long term results of the heavy feeding. I am really pleased with the coral colors. If you have any questions about keeping SPS coral don't hesitate to ask.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2015, 19:57:32 »
Looks like a box of colored crayons  :laugh:
Jeff