2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Innovative Marine customer service  (Read 2825 times)

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
Innovative Marine customer service
« on: May 31, 2016, 16:28:28 »
Just thought I would share this. The magnet on my grazer rusted out inside my tank. I don't think it did any real damage. At least I haven't seen anything bad happen. Anyway, sent this pic to IM customer service and they are sending a free replacement. I think it's good to share the good service stories as much as the bad ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It costs HOW much?!

Offline muttley000

• Juvenile
Re: Innovative Marine customer service
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2016, 22:13:03 »
Awesome they took care of you like that!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 23:24:25 »
 This product has been failing for years with rusted magnets doing who knows what damage to livestock. They know it is a problem but don't fix it.

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 07:03:44 »
Hmmm. Thanks for that info Brian. Think a bead of super glue gel may help seal it better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It costs HOW much?!

Offline Grymtooth

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 08:45:55 »
It's odd that this should just come up, I just had my Defroster from IM break in the same manner (rusting under the magnet). Suggestions for fixing this would be greatly appreciated here as well.

On another note, I've had to call IM twice in the last couple months, once for the Defroster, and a second time because the clamp that holds the light onto the tank broke. Their customer service is great, when you can get a hold of them.

Jordan

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 09:30:21 »
It's odd that this should just come up, I just had my Defroster from IM break in the same manner (rusting under the magnet). Suggestions for fixing this would be greatly appreciated here as well.

On another note, I've had to call IM twice in the last couple months, once for the Defroster, and a second time because the clamp that holds the light onto the tank broke. Their customer service is great, when you can get a hold of them.

Jordan
I have always contacted them via e-mail and get a response within and hour.  My Ghost skimmer started making a rattling noise. sent them a 10 second video with sound and they put a new impeller in the mail the same day.....now its quiet again. I think e-mail works best with them.
It costs HOW much?!

Offline Grymtooth

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 13:34:11 »
That it could. My problem is that I don't have receipts for any of the items I have gotten. You are more than likely right that email is quicker.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk