2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: My 20 Gallon Innovative Marine Tank  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Joe_Fish

• Fry
My 20 Gallon Innovative Marine Tank
« on: August 03, 2019, 18:55:31 »
So this is just kind of a log of my 20 gallon desk tank.    Still waiting to see some brown algea on the sand bed before I start to add some inverts and coral but it'll get this.   Currently its home to some rock and a pair of clownfish who have yet to be named.   Waiting on my niece and nephew to show up figured I'd let the little people name them.   

So the stand,   basically what i've done here is Reinforce my computer desk so that it could hold the extra weight by building a stand into that part of the desk.   Nothin too fancy but it works

The tank setup as well is a bit simple I suppose,   Just a bit of rock work nothing too fancy should look better with some coral on there I believe.    I know I want to use some Zoa's and my thoughts to maybe see about covering the back wall with GSP   I think that could look pretty nifty.   Then maybe some frog spawn possibly a bubble tip anenome suppose if I get one of those they'll just end up where ever they feel like going really.

Seems some sponge came with the rock there's also hmm I'm not entirely sure what its called some sort of little tube worm that pops out at night and shows off its little fingers for lack of better words.    I'll see if I can snag a picture of it when I dim the lights again.    Plots to maybe add a watchman goby of some sort.   A good number of inverts and maybe one other fish possibly a dwarf angel  not entirely sure.   

Picture of the two clowns

The little guys for the first day just hung out with their reflections but now have wandered over to chill under the filter exhaust pipes.    They don't seem to have any interest in the decor what so ever and when I stuck my hand down there to rearrange the rock a bit they didn't seem to give a hoot about me either.     Least they didn't try to eat me I suppose.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: My 20 Gallon Innovative Marine Tank
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 19:31:17 »
Looking good!

Offline Joe_Fish

• Fry
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 20:03:25 »
Thanks,  I have this feeling I'll change up the rock or add more rock or something.   Till I decide exactly what coral I'm going with its difficult to picture it I suppose.   I know what I don't want,  I don't want that usual happy little cave in the middle of the tank.    I keep thinking about letting GSP cover all the walls cept the front,  which could give it this need little nook and cranny kind of appearance I think.   Might just stick with the back wall though.   I don't know.   Then maybe a bubble tip anenome or least something with some movement atop the two little peeks on the edges.   On the bottom parts maybe some zoanthids.  Other possibility i've been pondering on,  was doing the GSP on the back wall,  then on one of the side walls possibly some Montipora.    I'm sure I'll come up with something..

Offline Joe_Fish

• Fry
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 20:14:48 »
https://www.twitch.tv/joe_fish_ohio   Setup my little tank to go to Twitch.   Not a lot to look at though currently just the clowns hanging by the filter system mostly and some rock.

Offline Joe_Fish

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 02:22:18 »
The First corals for the tank,  gonna let them hang out and become a little more happy then remove them from the stands and glue them to the rock.