2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: October 2011- MTG at Newport Aquarium  (Read 17273 times)

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
October 2011- MTG at Newport Aquarium
« on: September 01, 2011, 10:39:26 »
I wanted to start a new thread for this, for ease of information... I have locked in new prices, be sure to check them out... if you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

The date is TBD, however it will either be 10/22 or 10/23(satuday or sunday)... Please let me know what works best for everyone.

Where: Meet @ Newport Aquarium in the square just outside the main gates

When: October 23rd, 2011 (sunday)

Time: They Open @ 10am, but I was thinking closer to noon(12pm) to allow everyone time to do their spiritual/personal doings in the AM... They close @ 6Pm

Cost: $28.00 Per adult, $23.00 Per child(2-12yrs), Children under 2 free admission(Children under 2 are not advised to participate in the beind the scenes)...***TAXES ARE INCLUDED IN THESE PRICES*** These prices will include all day unlimited access to the aquairum, and the behind the scenes tour.

***FUNDS WILL NEED TO BE COLLECTED NO LATER THAN 9/23/11*** Due to the restricted payment methods, you will turn your funds in; either in person to Brian(Lazylivin) directly or via the Club's paypal(treasurer@ohioreef.com, Be sure to include your Forum Name aswell as Newport in the subject field on the transaction). From there the Club will issue payment to cover the entire order. We will enter as a group, so tickets will be passed out upon arrival. There will be 0 refunds for cancellations after 9/24/11(please be sure you are positive you can attend when paying/registering)

I need to start getting as accurate of a head count as I can. So please state If you will be attending and how many people you will have with you. Don't list anyone who you aren't sure about; as we have to collect a ticket price on them and you will be stuck with a ticket if they decide not to show)... You can follow the Example for myself Below. I will tally your reciept for you, so please wait until you recieve your reciept via PM before making any payments,I will CC Brian(lazyliving) on all reciepts.

***This head count will run until 9/23/11 @midnight. At which time all funds MUST be recieved and no further changes can be made for the group admission, as the group form will be submitted and payment made on 9/24/11*** , if you are certain you are attending, please feel free to submit your payment at any time(via the above mentioned payment options). We will confirm Reciept of payment and head count on a seperate thread for viewing purposes.

Boonjob:
2 Adult                               
0 Children(2-12yrs)           
1 Child (under 2)

***It is also important to notate that if someone else wants to show up who is not part of the intial group registration, they would be required to pay full admission price by the aquarium...***

Schedule

11:45am----Everyone shows up (we will meet right outside the enterance to the aquarium)
11:45am - 12:00pm----- Tickets will be passed out
12:00pm-----We will Enter the Aqaurium(Aside from the Behind the Scenes Tour; everything will be Self Guided)
1:00pm-3:00pm----Behind the Scenes Tours(see below for more details)
3:10pm---- We can regroup in the Cafeteria
3:30pm- 6:00pm---- Continue self guided tours.The Aquarium will Close @ 6:00pm (est). You are free to stay as long(up till they close) or as     short as you like. You are welcome to leave whenever.

****Due to our group size we will need to split up into 3 groups and over 2 time frames in order to do the Behind the Scenes Tour... 2 groups will go at 1pm and 1 will go at 2pm****

The Groups are as follows(these are randomly generated)

1:00pm Group A (11 people)
-Micki - 4 adults  2 children
-Lazylivin - 4 Adults
-Boonjob - 1 Adult

1:00pm Group B(11 People)
-Newman - 4 Adults
-Reefpete - 4 Adults
-Camp - 2 Adults
-Boonjob - 1 Adult

2:00pm Group (15 People)
-Hunger - 2 adults
-Slandis3 - 1 Adult
-Jeremy - 1 Adult
-Monkjim- 1 Adult
-Wusue - 4 Adults
-Hatcher - 2 Adults
-Mattfishdog - 2 Adults
-Reeferinohio - 2 Adults

My contact # is 937-671-1652(name is Cody)... feel free to call me if you have any questions or suggestions... If you need help finding us; feel free to call me.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 14:19:40 by Boonjob »
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline slandis3

• Lifetime Premium Member
    • Slandiscreations
Re: October 2011- MTG at Newport Aquarium
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 10:49:04 »
Add me for 1 adult

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 13:33:34 »
Put me down for 4 adults. Thanks for putting this together Cody!

If you are paying by paypal it would be helpful if you could put your Ohio Reef username and Newport in the subject of paypal transaction.

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 14:20:59 »

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 16:45:06 »
im in for 2 adults
SIZE DOES MATTER

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 16:50:49 »

Offline UDflyer00

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 10:58:31 »
Oh man I hope we can do this, we love going to the aquarium to see "Batman"!!!  A few years back we donated our O. Batfish to them as he was too big for our hex tank.  He was 26" top to bottom... Let me tell you it was fun getting him out of the tank!!!  He's in the saltwater walk through tube right before the Jellyfish room!!  Need to check the wife's schedule, but hope  we can get in on this!
65 g AGA - Kettering

Offline kjmader

• Egg
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 22:29:29 »
Thanks!  This is awesome!  Put me down for four adults

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 22:56:28 »
That's awesome Mark, you are going to have to point out Batman to all of us.

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 01:21:49 »
Thanks!  This is awesome!  Put me down for four adults

PM'd Receipt

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 01:26:22 »
Just as a reminder, This is a family/friend/relative friendly event and is open doors to anyone... It is not reserved for just premium members, anyone wishing to attend may come, just if you wish to get group pricing be sure to post your reservations on here and pay before 9/23/11...

We have LOTS of friendly knowledgeable people here, and you should really come out and socialize with the other forum members, always fun putting names with faces.

If you have any further questions please be sure to ask!!!

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 07:59:00 »
If we have family going but not wanting to do the behind the scene tour, how much is admission and can we order them though the club?

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 13:30:47 »
If we have family going but not wanting to do the behind the scene tour, how much is admission and can we order them though the club?

I will check on that for you but I am almost certain they can attend at the price of 16.00 per adult/11.00 per child(2-12)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 13:35:48 »
That would be a good discount considering General Admission is $22.00 for Adults & $15.00 for Children under 12

Offline Bright79

• I love tangs !!!!!
  • Juvenile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2011, 14:51:44 »
i dont know if we would be able to do the behind the scenes tour because of the baby. i dont know how the stroller would do with all that. but it would be nice if we could get in for the 16 each !!!!  =)
I am the tank crasher !!!

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2011, 21:55:53 »
I will check on that for you but I am almost certain they can attend at the price of 16.00 per adult/11.00 per child(2-12)

That would be a good discount considering General Admission is $22.00 for Adults & $15.00 for Children under 12

No kidding that would be awesome!

Offline Russ

• Fry
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 06:04:40 »
Depending on wahet parts of the building are included in the tour, you may see our two water treatment systems.  We have a 750 gpd RO system with a 500 gallon storage tank, and a 300 gpd RODI for the penguin exhibit.  Next on the drawing board is delivery of DI water to a number of the other exhibits.

Russ

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 10:54:20 »
Wow, that good to know russ... is that the only means of water filtration they have?they state they have over 1 million gallons of water on display I wonder wat changes are like with only 750gpd

Offline Bright79

• I love tangs !!!!!
  • Juvenile
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2011, 14:56:09 »
well we wanna be there, but i dont think that the behind the scenes is very stroller friendly....how would i find out about this. we could go but maybe not do the behind?  if anyone can let me know.......cuz i wouldnt have a babysitter for a sunday.

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2011, 15:35:27 »
I am contacting them about it for you an micki, please stand by for a response... I will post as soon as I get one... but I am sure it will be 16 per adult.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 23:03:37 »
well we wanna be there, but i dont think that the behind the scenes is very stroller friendly....how would i find out about this. we could go but maybe not do the behind?  if anyone can let me know.......cuz i wouldnt have a babysitter for a sunday.

(Children under 2 are not advised to participate in the beind the scenes)

Offline The WuSue

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 17:16:44 »
Count me in for 4 adults (one of which asked me to ask about a special penguin permit ???)

Offline Bright79

• I love tangs !!!!!
  • Juvenile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 23:57:22 »
well i guess we just cant do the behind the scenes thing =(  oh well

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 15:08:19 »

Yes, You can order them through us @ the price of 16.00 per adult and 11.00 per Child(2-12). Let me know and I will send you a receipt.

i dont know if we would be able to do the behind the scenes tour because of the baby. i dont know how the stroller would do with all that. but it would be nice if we could get in for the 16 each !!!!  =)

Yes you may purchase general admission adult tickets for $16.00 a piece which would not include the behind the scenes tour... Also strollers are welcome inside the main attraction, but as previously stated anyone under the age of 2 is not advised to partake in the behind the scenes tour.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Offline Boonjob

« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 15:20:24 »
Count me in for 4 adults (one of which asked me to ask about a special penguin permit ???)

Receipt Pm'd

*unfortunately our discount does not include the penguin encounter(though it does cover the normal penguin exhibit)

There is a package available for breakfast and a presentation(on either penguins,sharks or frogs) from a biologist... This package would cause an increase in ticket price though, and we would all need to show up prior to the aquarium opening for the breakfast... Though I have no problems inquiring with the aquarium about this, I did not intially persue this as it required everyone to be up so early on a sunday, and the initial upfront cost....

I will see if they may be able to provide a similiar presentation during the day with no meal, if that sounds like something everyone may be interested in... Though I am not sure the cost or if they would even be able to do it...

If they were to offer this, would there be interest in sitting through a presentation given by a biologist on one of those topics? and which Topic would everyone prefer?

Shark
Penguin
Frogs
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 15:35:08 by Boonjob »