2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Oct. Meeting  (Read 15054 times)

Offline rmstevensiii

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Oct. Meeting
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 10:23:35 »
Hey Will... I had a very similar overflow for a while.  This one is similar to the CPR style, which uses an aqualifter pump to start/maintain the siphon.  There's a small nipple at top of the black section where the pump is connected.  You fill the tank side of the overflow box with water, start the pump, and it pulls the water up the tank side of the overflow and starts/maintains the siphon.  The one that I had did not come with the pump attachment so to get mine started, you would insert a section of airline tubing into the unit from the tank side, up and over the bend at the top, fill the tank side of the overflow box with water, and suck on the other end of the airline tube until you pulled water up and over the top portion of the box.  A little hard to explain, but it works. 

Hope it helped. 

Now... get some coffee.

Mitch
Dayton - 45459

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 21:30:16 »
 :laugh: i had the same problem at first too.  I was trying to find out how the hell to get water up in the u-tube.  The way i do it now is I run a piece of airline up into the u-tube and suck out the air, thus the water rises and you have a siphon.
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Reefd Up

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2009, 21:52:34 »
Ew...my mouth goes NO WHERE near the tank.  Ick.

Offline jd

• Dr. Skimmer
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 21:56:23 »
:laugh: i had the same problem at first too.  I was trying to find out how the hell to get water up in the u-tube.  The way i do it now is I run a piece of airline up into the u-tube and suck out the air, thus the water rises and you have a siphon.

I do this same thing, but I'm with Nikki, no tank water in my mouth. I use a 20ml syringe to draw the air out, the crimp the airline, push the syringe in and draw out more air. Works pretty well...
Call me Mr. Rev. Dr.

Reefd Up

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2009, 21:59:23 »
After being in this hobby...then going scuba diving, I had a seriously hard time letting water near my mouth (hated removing the respirator or mask underwater for scuba...NOT cool.)  Too many little creatures in the water that scare me.  Ewwwww.  Sorry...there was my rant.

Offline UDflyer00

• Adult
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2009, 13:01:52 »
What day will this meeting be?? Saturday or Sunday??  With all the talk of OSU vs. Michigan I'm assuming Saturday, but not sure....  Let me know.
65 g AGA - Kettering

Blown76mav

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2009, 13:46:24 »
Well according to the poll it looks like Sunday the 18th it is.  I'm thinking 2pm till??????  I forgot to mention, kids and spouses are welcome I have a 10 yr old girl and a 6yr old boy.  If you want adult beverages you have to provide them.  Now all I need is a head count so I know how much food to make.  Also what kind of things do you guys want to learn about acrylic? 

Lonnie

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 19:17:00 »
  Also what kind of things do you guys want to learn about acrylic? 
How about how to make a small sump? Something like this, but a little bigger: http://www.shop.sapphireaquatics.com/product.sc?productId=14&categoryId=10

I'll supply the acrylic if youre willing to show how to make a simple sump. Let me know so  have time to get the acrylic

slandis3

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 19:25:12 »
Lonnie, I edited your first post and add the date and time.

Also I will be there, anyone want to car pool? I may need a ride that day.

Offline TechGuy

• "Fraginator"
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 20:59:40 »
Lonnie, I edited your first post and add the date and time.

Also I will be there, anyone want to car pool? I may need a ride that day.

Ride the CBR sissy :P I rode my R6 year long, until the snow came. Layers, and multiple gloves under, and over leather gloves.

Seriously though, I am north, so I'm help :(

Offline HUNGER

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 21:41:46 »
slandis3  im free that weekend i would like to got to my first meeting if you want to ride with me that be cool ;D
SIZE DOES MATTER

reefer3737

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 22:07:43 »
hey tech if your going let me know,im kinda justins budy it be nice to get to know ya rproffitt@woh.rr.com also dodds good friend

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009, 23:10:23 »
I'll be going. But I am a non-smoker; so if any wants to ride w/me it OK. We can stop for smoke breaks if need be.
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!

slandis3

« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2009, 08:12:58 »
Ride the CBR sissy :P I rode my R6 year long, until the snow came. Layers, and multiple gloves under, and over leather gloves.

Seriously though, I am north, so I'm help :(

Well its kinda hard to ride it when its tore into a million pieces. Im taking it down after the hill climbs. And besides ask my wife I have rode in the snow before dosn't bother me.

Offline TechGuy

• "Fraginator"
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2009, 09:33:28 »
Well its kinda hard to ride it when its tore into a million pieces. Im taking it down after the hill climbs. And besides ask my wife I have rode in the snow before dosn't bother me.

Just messing with you. Upgrades?

I'm not sure I am even going for sure. I do have a Van, but I would rather drive the Z on such a long trip.

reefer3737

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2009, 09:50:34 »
hey ray ill ride with if you dont care

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2009, 19:13:10 »
hey ray ill ride with if you dont care
OK, That would be cool.
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!

Offline xXTheWendigoXx

• Adult
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2009, 19:09:50 »
Ironically, I'll be up north in Michigan (GO BLUE!) and thus unable to make it to the meeting... Sadness...

Offline stickboy_107

• Adult
  • GIVE ME ONE OF EVERYTHING [just dont tell my wife]
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2009, 19:47:08 »
Hey Justin, that's great! We don't need any Michigan fans makin us feel blue, LOL! GO BUCKS!

Lost Floridian

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2009, 22:02:48 »
dont you mean:

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2009, 22:50:32 »
Hey Justin, that's great! We don't need any Michigan fans makin us feel blue, LOL! GO BUCKS!

born to be 2nd.

Geaux Tigers!
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline UD Flyer

• Adult
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2009, 23:36:52 »
Man, all the SEC love I would have thought we were down south, not in Ohio.

Bring one of those teams up here in late Nov. or early Dec. and see if they're as fast in the snow or cold weather as they are when in the much warmer weather. I'll take The Ohio State University against any SEC team (except Florida) in the snow or cold sleet/rain game.   

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2009, 19:42:43 »
Championship Bowl games........or even the superbowl for that matter would be awesome in Snow.

slandis3

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2009, 20:31:58 »
Locked per Lonni's request.