2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: a "skin tag" on my clowns gill? I sure hope it isn't ich...  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
a "skin tag" on my clowns gill? I sure hope it isn't ich...
« on: November 21, 2011, 09:49:55 »
Something on my clown...
About a week ago I had noticed a spot on my female, Mocha I believe, clown fish. I was moving the rocks around so i assumed that she had just bumped into something. That spot seems to have receeded, if not completely disappeared. My concern now is that she has something along the bottom of her right gill. It is whitish in nature and seems to stick off of her, almost like a skin tag. She is eating and swimming normally and has been fully living in my BTA, so idk if that can cause issues. I took a video of her, it is difficult to see, but it is most visible when she is in profile on the bottom of her right gill.

As they both sank to the bottom of the river, the frog said "do you mind if I ask you something? You said there would be no logic in your stinging me. Why did you do it?" "It has nothing to do with logic," the drowning scorpion sadly replied. "It's just self destruction is my nature."

Offline Ballyhoo

• Juvenile
Re: a "skin tag" on my clowns gill? I sure hope it isn't ich...
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 09:52:27 »
well...i watched the video from a computer and it's damn near impossible to see, i'll try for more/better pictures and get params when I do my WC in a little bit.
As they both sank to the bottom of the river, the frog said "do you mind if I ask you something? You said there would be no logic in your stinging me. Why did you do it?" "It has nothing to do with logic," the drowning scorpion sadly replied. "It's just self destruction is my nature."

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 12:12:52 »
Yeah I looked real close at the video and didn't see it.

I shall await new pics :)
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 12:23:02 »
I thought I may have caught a glimpse of it....but like you said, tough to see.  It is possible a torn piece of skim from a scrape on the rocks?  Keep a close eye on it and if there is change it's time to start treating, otherwise I would just monitor closely.