2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Hello From Billings, Montana  (Read 1839 times)

Offline JimFuller

• Egg
Hello From Billings, Montana
« on: December 23, 2017, 22:33:40 »
Hi All,
I am Jim Fuller From Billings, MT. In 2015 I was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma cancer. I had a 250 gallon and 55 gallon tanks setup and running. The 55G had been up from 1973 and the 250G had been up since 1980. I folks I knew from Denver come and remove the tanks and systems, as I was given a 50/50 chance of surviving the chemotherapy. I am now in remission. After discussions with my wife, we have embarked on a new build to a new 250 Gallon Tank. The start was to be a 55 Gallon in the basement, but things changed.

I have a 75 Gallon Tank currently. It was purchased from another gentleman who was wanting to get out after upgrading from a 32 Gallon Cube. Apparently he had the Cube about 30 Days. Then Decided to upgrade. He lost a number of fish and corals and decided the reef tanks were not for him. I picked it up in July 2017 and have been getting it stabilized. It currently has completed it's first month with stable parameters. I do not think the initial cycles had ever been completed. By letting things cycle and not getting carried away attempting to add much, the tank appears to have stabilized and is even showing growth on the corals and fish. This will be the start up grow out for the 250 Gallon Tank that is coming.

As Montana does not have any real reef clubs and stores, I am learning more new things from the on line boards. I have taptalk and found Ohio Form on it. I figured I would join to learn more things :)

Jim Fuller
Billings, Montana

Offline Agame43

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Hello From Billings, Montana
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 00:02:25 »

Jim, welcome to a really good club and very talented group of Saltwater fanatics, your story speaks volumes. I am really glad to hear that your health has turned to the positive side for you. It seems that this illness is all around us these days, most of know of someone or multiple people/friends/family that are fighting the same battle that you have fought.
  I have a 120g tank and a 168g Rimless tank as well but have only been in this hobby for about 3.5yrs, so my learning curve is being challenged everyday. Once again Welcome to our Ohio Reef Club and I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas holiday.

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 07:36:35 »
Happy to have you Jim, thanks for joining!

Offline SweetReefOH

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2017, 09:31:13 »
Welcome Jim! I am glad to hear you’re healthy and getting back into the hobby. You’ve found a very good group of people here.