Welcome to Ohio Reef!

As a guest you can only see a small portion of our online content. Please register it is free and only takes a minute. Click here to Register now. 

Author Topic: The nightmare begins!  (Read 1645 times)

Offline JMM

• Premium Member
  • Fry
Re: The nightmare begins!
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2018, 13:42:04 »
After all the hastle, all the labor and disruption, all the discouraging things that happened along the way you can finally sit back and just enjoy the beauty of it all. Well done!
Jim

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2018, 20:29:56 »
Beautiful! Way to hang in there and not give up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It costs HOW much?!

Offline jjoos99

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2018, 22:53:50 »
Thanks all,   I ordered a bad of sand today.  I have never been crazy about deep sand beds so I ordered a 40 lb bag.  With the 20lbs I got from Jesse I should have more then I need.  I just want enough to cover the glass.  I'm anxious for the corals to color back up and start growing again.  Then a trip to lazy's to replace the pieces that I lost.
Jeff

Offline jjoos99

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2018, 20:48:17 »
Two weeks in and all is well.  Corals are slowly getting some of their color back and all stn has seemed to have stopped.  I have been slowly increasing the light intensity to bring the corals back up to full strength.  I love the new tank but it has been a real headache and the loss of corals has been quite a bit.  I thought that I would share some pics of my filter room.  The sump is a 75 gallon tank that I installed baffles and sectioned off.  First section is for my skimmer and socks, second is filled with live rock and cheato then my return pump section.  I picked up a awesome return pump that is feeding a water manifold that is splitting off the water to all my different pieces of equipment.  I control my alk and ca with a twin chamber mrc calcium reactor.  I have a sulfur reactor that I built from a geo media reactor for nitrate control.  I am also feeding a small frag tank from the manifold. I am thrifty with my reef money so all of my equipment was either purchased used or diy.  I control everything with an apex classic controller.  I really like the controller but hate to have everything controlled from one point and hate the idea of a component failure.
Jeff

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2018, 22:47:49 »
I always keep a backup controller to mitigate the risk.

Offline jjoos99

• Premium Member
  • Elder
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2018, 23:04:24 »
I always keep a backup controller to mitigate the risk.

Yeah I would like to find a decent price on just a controller
Jeff

Offline Reeferntraining

• Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2018, 07:26:27 »
I know it was a struggle for you Jeff but WOW, that new setup is gorgeous! Very nice job and Iím looking forward to seeing how it matures.