2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Has anybody purchased a fluval evo  (Read 995 times)

Offline Warhawk937

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Has anybody purchased a fluval evo
« on: February 07, 2019, 14:51:12 »
I was looking into getting one for my son.  he mentioned wanting corals.  I'm not sure what they are capable of out of the box. goal would be a rbt and some clowns with zoes and shrooms.

Offline Daytonsalt83

• Adult
Re: Has anybody purchased a fluval evo
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 15:48:10 »
I have a 5g one I could sell u pm me if interested I used it to quarantine anemones two times and that was it I can’t really give u any info on it other than that

Offline dbjonesjr

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 16:21:09 »
From what I understand the lighting is fairly weak on them. Might be better served getting something like a NUVO 10 and then a light like the Aquaknight off Amazon. Heinbaugh has had great success with that light and RBTAs. Good combo for under $200.

Offline Warhawk937

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 17:56:49 »
Thanks for the input that is what I’m going for. Small cheap nano  my boy can learn on

Offline Miles

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 15:41:26 »
I have the Evo 13.5... currently houses a clownfish and a royal gramma with some soft coral and a piece of Moti Cap. I've never used a Par meter on the light, but it doesnt seem to be hindering the monti's growth.

The number one problem that I have with teh tank is that for some reason I keep getting some sort of slime algae in it. I can't find a reactor small enough to fit in it that I can run GFO or BioPellets. I do have the PS2 skimmer that Fluval sells for it, it's not all that great. Also, there is a hole in the lid for feeding that I had a clown successfully jump out of once, I have since 3D printed a cover for it.

It should work fine for what you are describing.