2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Something evil is lurking in my tank...  (Read 1979 times)

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
Something evil is lurking in my tank...
« on: August 30, 2010, 16:58:10 »
We have lost 1 of the five green chromis that we have in the tank.  <poof>.  Gone without a trace.  My wife found the remains of what appears to be a small crab this morning.  The green brittle star was going nutso and trying to drag big turbo snails into his lair.  I had to rescue two of them.   Meanwhile, my orange-spotted goby evicted said brittle star from said lair and took over, covering himself up completely.  The brittle star was out under the moonlight LED's this morning and messing about with my Mexican hermits and margarita snails, who've been dubbed somewhat affectionately as "Paco and the Mexican gang."  The goby finally came out this afternoon.

One:  Where did my fish go?  Ammonia still at zero...
Two:  I'll do the aquascaping, not my goby.  I just gotta convince him of that.

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...