2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Photo class?  (Read 2048 times)

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
  • My munchkins! :)
Photo class?
« on: November 19, 2011, 21:49:44 »
Sorry guys, I ended up doing a photo shoot today! Did you guys end up doing any testing?

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
Re: Photo class?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 11:55:33 »
Sorry guys, I ended up doing a photo shoot today! Did you guys end up doing any testing?
What are you shooting with?
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 21:50:03 »
What are you shooting with?

Hey, Micki, I was actually asking a question here... ?  It would be sweet if Santa would bring me a new Nikon D3s to replace my D2H and D2Hs.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 22:39:49 »
Hey, Micki, I was actually asking a question here... ?  It would be sweet if Santa would bring me a new Nikon D3s to replace my D2H and D2Hs.

Totally missed that Kev, sorry, I have a Nikon D 50.  I did family pics for my kids.  Did some outside shots and inside shots.  I took around 163 I think.  I'll have to share a few of them.  I would love to find a photography class to actually get the full benefit from my camera.  I know I could od so much more with it than I do.   

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 23:57:35 »
Well, a nice Christmas present would be for you to attend the 2-day Nikon School when it comes though.  I've been doing photography sice I was 12, even did my own film processing for a while.  However, I'm not a pro and do not take pictures of people.  Real portrait photography is an art.  I do mostly landscape; my specialty is graffiti on trains.

Offline micki

• Best mamaw Reefer!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 06:30:23 »
Please tell me more about this 2 day class!  I'm very interested!!!

Offline hatcher2014

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 01:26:30 »
yeah i would like to know more as well cause i bought my wife a canon rebel T3i or is this just a class for nikons.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 15:22:07 »
The class for Micki is just a 1-2 day seminar for Nikons, but there are a lot of principles in the classes that can be applied toward general digital photography.  You can also pick up the Red Book users guide (I think it's Red Book, white cover with red lettering) for your cameras as well.

Offline Viggen

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 17:12:30 »
you can also sign up for the classes that sinclair offers, just audit the class & you will learn a lot there.  I took a few classes in the pre-digital days.... they were just starting to come out with the SLR's.  I learned a lot however that was with 35mm & I forget all of it.  We have a Nikon D60 & I purchased D7000 a week or so ago..... just need to get a good lense... 300-500 but dam are they expensive! 
300g tub o fish