2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Calcium up take at a low!  (Read 8381 times)

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Calcium up take at a low!
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2017, 22:50:15 »
glad to hear things are working for the better.
jeff

Offline thepipbull

• Adult
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2017, 09:23:53 »
Glad to hear lets see some pics

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2017, 15:28:39 »
A few of my acros and misc frogspawn

Offline thepipbull

• Adult
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2017, 16:17:47 »
looking good Erky

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2017, 19:21:34 »
thanks that ANacropora has really taken off in the past 6 weeks its growing so fast, would love to find some other colors and thinking about fragging some here soon.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2017, 12:49:22 »
so now that this mess is getting better do you have any feelings on adding the t5 to your lighting?  I am thinking on taking off the added led strips I installed on my system and putting on the 2 t5 bulbs that I have.  I am thinking I have too much spotlighting with my current lights and alot of shadowing.   I have a nice piece of pinky the bear that is growing like a weed on half of it and not growing at all on the other half.  That is why I am thinking I am getting some spotlighting with my leds. 
Jeff

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2017, 13:25:02 »
so now that this mess is getting better do you have any feelings on adding the t5 to your lighting?  I am thinking on taking off the added led strips I installed on my system and putting on the 2 t5 bulbs that I have.  I am thinking I have too much spotlighting with my current lights and alot of shadowing.   I have a nice piece of pinky the bear that is growing like a weed on half of it and not growing at all on the other half.  That is why I am thinking I am getting some spotlighting with my leds. 
Jeff

Ive had t5's running since october on the tank. I did it because the lights are only 16 inch and there seemed to be a bare spot on the back row of my tank, and i had the light laying around anyways.  I think your your setup it would only benefit your goals. LEDs are great but so are T5's id say they compliment each other very well!

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2017, 12:56:42 »
been tracking my phosphates for the past few months, seems strange to me that they jump around so much, they go from .03 - .16 when I test every few days, anyone know a reason for this or is this common? Id like to keep them steady is possible.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2017, 16:09:55 »
What if anything are you using for phos reduction now? Testing with a Hanna checker?  If so run the test several times with the same test viles. I usually CK my several times till I get the same reading.
Jeff

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2017, 17:06:21 »
Hanna ulr tester

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2017, 19:49:58 »
Test your sample multiple times and see if you get different readings.  I notice my first test is usually higher then the follow up tests.
Jeff

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2017, 09:16:13 »
Test your sample multiple times and see if you get different readings.  I notice my first test is usually higher then the follow up tests.
Jeff

will do

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2017, 08:43:26 »
for anyone following this thread, my tank has been bouncing back, so much that I started dosing nitrates again to keep them at 3-5ppm.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2017, 11:51:31 »
That's is great news.