2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: anyone have a piece of ora chips?  (Read 1791 times)

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
anyone have a piece of ora chips?
« on: September 26, 2017, 22:43:50 »
I use to have this coral and lost it awhile back and would love to get another piece of it.  If anyone has it and would sell a frag send me a pm.
thanks
jeff

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
Re: anyone have a piece of ora chips?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 21:05:51 »
I google searched this coral. I really like it. Love the big polyps. Reminds my of my green skimmer. Let me know if you find one, I would like to get a frag too..,

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 21:45:15 »
Its a pretty cool coral.  Im pretty sure ora doesnt carry it any more so it is hard to find.  Nothing fancy in color but the polyp extension is pretty amazing.  I have a small patch of it left but it wont grow for some reason.
Jeff

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 15:00:06 »
the rock i got from you fell down in my rock work and it vanished after i realized it was gone, if you find some let me know also.

Offline docsky

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 15:46:33 »
Chips has been on my list for a while to find again. I haven't had any luck though. Back when i had it the polyps were killer on it.  Defiantly added some welcome movement to my mostly sticks tank.

Offline docsky

• Fry
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 15:48:30 »
Sometime if you snip/frag a stagnant sps coral it can spark it to grow. Might be worth a try.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 17:11:25 »
I have an encrustment of about the size of a quarter of it still in my tank but it will not grow.  Not enough to snip to try and get it to grow.  It seems happy polyp wise but not happy enough to grow.  It a shame no one has any of it.  Maybe Ill throw out a wanted thread on rc or r2r and see if I can get a hit.  If several of us want a frag of it maybe with shipping and all we can get a reasonable price.
Jeff

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 17:29:47 »
Ok I just posted up a few threads on r2r and rc and see if I get any bites.  I wonder if av99 has any of it in his great collection?
Jeff

Offline Agame43

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 21:11:47 »

Well well, interesting, I have a decent size frag but very odd it is a slow growing coral. I got this back in Feb at a local swap. Can someone post a pic of this coral, my polyps look good but from this conversation my curiosity is high too make sure that I have the correct piece?

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 21:33:21 »
Mine has green polyps which were very hairy, you cant even see the base of the coral through the polyps.  When mine was growing the growth tips were light blue in color.  It was mainly a single stem coral with branching from there.  It has been several years since mine was doing well and I cant find any pics.  I just love acros that have great polyp extension and would love to have a good piece of it again.
Jeff

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 21:36:09 »
Jeff, try a green slimer. I got one from WWC and it has huge (for an acro), extended polyps. Fast grower too

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 21:33:29 »
Ok I got a good hit on the ora chips.  Farmerty on r2r has a large colony that he will frag out for us.  1 in multiple branch frags for $30.  Sent me a pic of the frag size and they look good.  Charges actual shipping which he estimated to be about $60.  If interested let me know asap and maybe we can get this done in time for pickup at swap.  Said he likes to cut and heal for 2 weeks before he ships.  He has a list of other corals that he has and is going to send the list to me.
Jeff