2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: ocean revive apex control  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Jstew600

• Fry
ocean revive apex control
« on: December 18, 2017, 09:07:19 »
Has anyone been able to control the Oceans Revive LED with their apex? it should be straight forward like any other black box but i read the drivers work on a 0-3.3 volt range instead of 0-10 v like most. would i correct in thinking if my program never went over 33% it should work?

Offline Miles

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: ocean revive apex control
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 11:25:16 »
Are you sure that the Ocean Revive LEDs aren't actually a 3.3v PWM signal?

I don't know much about dimming on the Apex, but I know that the ports use a straight 0-10v signal for dimming and not PWM. if something is using 3.3v i would guess it is using PWM.

Offline Jstew600

• Fry
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 11:35:37 »
correct. at least that is what i got from the videos I've watched.  thats why im wondering if it will work that way.

Offline saltybuckeye

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 12:22:31 »
I have the digital version of the Ocean Revive lights running off my vdm module ( I have the apex lite so no vdm built in). The only real problem is they don’t power below 10%. You can ramp them up and down, and write any kind of code you want on them as far as storm or whatever. I used the black box videos on you tube. It was pretty much identical inside the light, just a little better built ballasts. Mine have been controlled by my apex for close to 2 years and haven’t had any problems..... Knock on wood.

Offline saltybuckeye

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 12:25:39 »
I am sorry I modded the Ocean Revive units with the knobs. I have the digital one running over my biocube with just the digital timer.

Offline Jstew600

• Fry
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 12:27:50 »
http://www.stevesleds.com/Aquarium-Controller-Interface-Harness_p_183.html

from what im finding this board should let me do what i want with the built in timer boxes.