2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: What is everyone doing with their tanks lately?  (Read 41755 times)

Offline chromiumlux

What is everyone doing with their tanks lately?
« on: September 01, 2012, 20:14:49 »
So, what is new with everyone's tanks. What plans do you have?, What's new in your tank?
Chromiumlux

Offline dee99gt

• Adult
Re: What is everyone doing with their tanks lately?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 20:18:01 »
watching it cycle..........   :beee:
- deejay

Offline volcano

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 20:18:14 »
I just bought out all the emerald crabs from Gerber's.   :P

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 20:20:17 »
watching it cycle..........   :beee:

Gotta love a tank cycle! It's a funky kinda impatient feeling isn't it.....lol
Chromiumlux

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 20:20:50 »
I just bought out all the emerald crabs from Gerber's.   :P

How many emeralds and for what purpose?
Chromiumlux

Offline volcano

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 20:24:16 »
It's not like I bought a ton, but they only had 12 left and are not sure when more will arrive.  I just wanted to add to my cleaning crew and emerald crabs are one of my favorites. 

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 20:44:55 »
I am watching new corals acclimate to my lights.
Chromiumlux

Offline discus513

• Adult
    • Cincinnati Club (C.A.R.E.)
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 21:37:02 »
added some emeralds myself,i hope they will help with some hair algae issues I've been having.also picked up a couple new fish and getting ready to start planning my new tank build

Offline Sunny

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 21:38:17 »
What kind of new corals?   We, as you know, haven't done anything since Spring.  Tonight, since it was raining, we changed the GFO and Carbon, boiled the nozzle on the return cause it has Aptasia on it, cleaned the skimmer, and took out my dead plants in the sump.  Hard to believe the corals look better than ever with no maintenance on this tank in months.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 21:51:03 »
Pulling out sand and detritus, added CADlights conic biopellet reactor this week, new GFO and carbon this week, and 20 gal water change this week.  Have been tuning the LED's BACK for about 3 weeks, and now running about 60%, turned off the green completely, and everyone is much happier.

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 21:55:51 »
Planning out where I'm going to put all my new frags.

Offline dee99gt

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 01:12:44 »
I just bought a nano overflow, mag 3 pump, and a new light for my 20 long....  now to plan out my sump..   8) 
- deejay

Offline Mussin

• Adult
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 09:07:02 »
Just got my 90 up and running.  Added a ton of snails (I think almost too many).  Planning on what to add next as far as livestock/coral.

Jeremy

Offline buckeyereefer

• Adult
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 09:09:55 »
haven't done anything to the recently purchased tank. Marineland 300 DD with starphire front & sides !!   8)   but have got cple tunze 6105's for it along with aquabus module and WXM module for mp40's for the Apex. also got cple BNIB Lumatek 250/400W ballasts.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 10:20:14 »
Just doing cleanup activities, like cable management and re positioning things in my sump.   Going to clean out my CA reactor and Kalk reactor today, and re-plumb in my continuous water change system.

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 12:06:20 »
Praying to the saltwater gods over the tank daily... Seems to be working :)
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 13:12:42 »
Considering if cost prohibitive building a 9 foot acrylic tank to replace two frag tanks.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 14:14:27 »
Well if you replace the shallow acrylic you have, put me on the short list :) I love that tank
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline volcano

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 15:59:57 »
Well, today I am thinking of a way to catch a freakin flame angle.  The darn thing just decided to pick at my acans.  The angel has never bothered any coral and today suddenly it decided to taste them.   :flame

I love these acans too.  It isn't really eating them, but pecks at them enough to make them close up.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 16:03:04 »
see if you can get it interested in something else. do you feed nori ??

Offline volcano

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 16:07:40 »
Yeah, I feed nori to the tangs every day, and the flame never messes with it.  This flame angel has been perfect, now today it decides to pick on my acans.  I wish it were easy to catch w/o ripping out all my rock. 

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 17:30:43 »
Once those angels get a taste of coral flesh genetic disposition sets in and you will have trouble keeping LPS.
Chromiumlux

Offline volcano

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 20:51:21 »
Hopefully, the angel is just picking at the mucus.  It isn't really eating anything, just pecking like it would at the rock.  If it does start doing damage, I guess I am going to be spending a day tearing out rock and catching myself a flame angel. 

Oh, and Lazylivn hooked me up with a ton of insane coral today too!

Offline volcano

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 18:42:57 »
Well, today I placed a lot of coral from Lazylivin in my tank and my flame angel has not touched my acans.  They have opened up as usual.  Thank goodness.  I'll be certain to keep an eye on him daily.   

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 16:50:07 »
Watching my coraline encrust all my rocks... Tank is starting to establish...

Wondering if I should offer up my mandarin to a good home, When all the GHA went away I lost lost all my pod population as she ate them. Now I see little to no pods. Would try to culture pods agian but my last attempt crashed and burned horribly, plus I used a terrible supplier, wont do that again.

Thinking about adding another Clown fish.

Wondering if I want to buy a purp plate and try to squeeze it in scape, or just pick up more sps and save the lps for the 75.

Simply amazed at how much fun this nano is actually providing me... Yeah I love the bigger tanks but I honestly dreaded this nano attempt, and thus far it is every bit of amazing.

75 is in pieces, everything bought for it, just need to assemble and add wa wa.

God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank