2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Calling all Apex gurus...  (Read 1625 times)

Offline SweetReefOH

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Calling all Apex gurus...
« on: February 11, 2018, 19:35:26 »
I am planning out my 40B build. I have the new Apex system on my main setup and want to be able to run the new build off of it. If I am understanding it correctly, I would need a PM1 module with an aqua bus cord to connect to my apex. I would need an EB that would then connect to this PM1 module? I would need the pH probe and temp probe that plug into the PM1 module. Then I would also need a PM2 module along with a salinity probe to plug into it.  Is this correct?

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
Re: Calling all Apex gurus...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 21:51:20 »
Im far from an guru but I think you are correct in your thinking.  You will need to set up your monitor to read what you want from each tank or separate screens for each tank.
Jeff

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2018, 22:36:57 »
All of the modules are aquabus, so you just daisy chain them together.  You do the programming, the Apex doesn't care what tank the probes our outlets are.  I wouldn't waste my time with the salinity probe, there are too many sources for error to trust it.

I have 3 tanks on my system, although one of the tanks is just lights and skimmer on/off.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 07:45:05 »
Thanks Jeff, Paul....good information. I think you’re right about the PM2 & Salinity probe. And that’s  $210 right off the top. Now I just need to think about which one would serve my needs. Thanks again guys!

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 20:01:38 »
I see pm1 modules quite often on reefcentral and r2r for about $60 shipped, eb8 for maybe $130. You would then just need to pick up a temp and ph probe.  Actually I think Paul has an older dc8 and dc4 for sale which works with a phone cable that plugs into the main controller.  I think it works pretty much the same as the eb8 except it wont monitor the amp draw.
Jeff