2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Apex Heater Help?  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Agame43

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Apex Heater Help?
« on: February 13, 2018, 20:59:00 »

This evening I got a message on my Apex Fusion board about a Temperature fault in my system. I opened up my Fusion and saw what I captured in the picture below? Is this the Apex language that one of my Temp probes has said goodbye? Using the Apex is weird sometimes, we build parts / write syntax script and get it too run but when it breaks down I get like mental relapses.
  At this time I am having a "memory stuck fault of my own" , question: I run a Finnex heater with no controller, my script for the heater to run is simple but I do not tie it to anything for actual control. The pic attached says 20.5 on one probe and 83.6 on the other probe and the heater was still on - how would my heater know to shut off if it is not tied to anything? I bought another Finnex heater later and it has a controller. Both heaters are on my EB8 outlet. thanks for reading.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Apex Heater Help?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 06:07:42 »
I would need to see the code for the outlets that the heaters are plugged into.

Offline Gary

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Apex Heater Help?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 12:10:39 »
I have had an EB8 outlet fail (semiconductor failure) in the "ON" condition. I now back up the APEX heater channel with a separate controller, and the internal thermostat of the heater. Try another EB8 port if you have one. I suspect that port is "ON" all the time. I have a spare EB8 if you need to borrow it.