2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Hydra 26 HD light fixture has failed  (Read 908 times)

Offline Reef Tank 2.0

• Adult
  • Shawn
Hydra 26 HD light fixture has failed
« on: November 27, 2018, 18:18:25 »
I have 3 AI Hydra 26 HD light fixtures above mt tank. Today, out of the blue, the white lights on one of the fixtures completely went dead. The fixture happens to be the "parent" of the three.
I can control every color manually, except for white. I have unplugged and reset, but it is not fixing the problem.
I have searched this issue, and I am hearing some say they need to buy a $100 board to replace the one that is bad.

Has anyone on here experienced this same thing? I don;t know how long LED lights should last, but I am at 3 years right now. I am not sure if I like that lifespan. Especially at $350 a pop.

Not sure how the anemone, and the coral will respond to ONLY blue lights running, but I don;t know how long it will take for the replacement board to come in. I'd love to change to different fixtures, but I still have two good lights going, not sure if I want an oddball fixture thrown in the mix.

If I had two lights fail, I would definitely think about the Oceanrevive T247 fixtures. I know a number of reefers that have them and love them. I certainly like the manual control, but you only have control of the blues and whites. Guess that isn't a bad thing.

I tried calling AI directly but they were closed. I will try tomorrow and see what they say
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 20:25:46 by crankbait09 »

Offline Reef Tank 2.0

• Adult
  • Shawn
Re: Hydra 26 HD light fixture has failed
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 10:55:37 »
I guess I should have called AI first before asking about what to do.

I just got off the phone with them.  Even though my light fixtures are well past their warranty period, they have agreed to replace the fixture free of charge.
I was pleasantly surprised of the outcome. 

But they are sending a new one out to me, and just need to send the defective one back. All shipping covered by them.

This makes me happy.

Offline merlin3

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 12:13:21 »
Corals will be fine under blue especially short term. Any led light can fail, its how it is handled by manufacturer that matters.

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 15:20:45 »
That’s a great response from AI!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It costs HOW much?!