2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: QT tank water  (Read 2326 times)

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
QT tank water
« on: February 12, 2009, 22:01:54 »
So i have had a HOB filter in my sump this week getting ready to setup a QT for the BIITB.  If i do a water change, can i use the "used" water to fill the qt tank?  Its 0 ammonia, 0 nitrates, 0 nitrites.  everything else shouldn't mater for a FO QT right? 
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline aquavista99

Re: QT tank water
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 22:04:38 »
So i have had a HOB filter in my sump this week getting ready to setup a QT for the BIITB.  If i do a water change, can i use the "used" water to fill the qt tank?  Its 0 ammonia, 0 nitrates, 0 nitrites.  everything else shouldn't mater for a FO QT right? 

You can use cycled reef water to start up your QT tank. It is the best way to go in my opinion.

Offline Joel

• Adult
Re: QT tank water
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 06:08:06 »
I agree with Tim (Aquavista) that filling your Quarentine tank with good used water would be a very good option. Conditioned water such as this will be less harsh to the new arrivals and will better support bacteria that have colonized themselves in your filter.