2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: An update on our chemistry  (Read 2279 times)

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
An update on our chemistry
« on: September 13, 2010, 22:48:30 »
Did 25 gallon water change Sunday and cleaned all of the non-FCC-compliant expletive crap out of the fuge.

Light is out over the fuge for 3 days for medicinal purposes.
Thanks to to Blown76Mav for the tip on washing the socks in the washer.  Good results.

So, three hours of cleaning and wiping, and using the reef calculator for dosing, chemistry is now:

Sp Gr 1.026
Salinity 35 ppt
pH 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 2 ppm
Calcium 450 ppm
Hardness 12.2 dKH
Alkalinity 4.34 ppm
Phosphate 0
Magnesium 1000 ppm - needs to come up to 1280-1320 ppm
Tepm 78.9

Thanks to everyone who has helped to sort this out with me.

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline cyberwollf

• 2010 FragSwap Chairman
Re: An update on our chemistry
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 23:15:09 »
Looks much better.  What mag test kit are you using? I had bad results with 2 seperate red sea kits
75G Mixed Reef w/ 30G sump/refuge

Electrical Engineers do it on impulse, with faster rise times, with more power, and less resistance at higher frequencies, without shorts, until it Hertz

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 08:58:02 »
The Seachem "50 moving parts" titration kit.  Godawful.  Can't seem to buy Salifert around here.  I'm going to ask Rich next time I'm out there.

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline TechGuy

• "Fraginator"
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 08:59:35 »
The Seachem "50 moving parts" titration kit.  Godawful.  Can't seem to buy Salifert around here.  I'm going to ask Rich next time I'm out there.

Kev

I have a Salifert kit for sale. $20. Its been used maybe 5 times to verify the results of the much cheaper Red Sea kits :)

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 14:41:48 »
That's great, but I gotta get up there to get it!  When?

Kev