2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Temporary DIY Chiller??  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Blazinreef

• Adult
Temporary DIY Chiller??
« on: June 25, 2014, 14:05:13 »
So it looks like I will be without AC for a day or two.  I am thinking about making a DIY Chiller involving a cooler, a bunch of ice and an extra pump.  My thought is pump is attached to the apex for control, set my temp parameters, take a nice big cooler, have a large amount of flex pipe in it, fill it full of ice.  I may need to top of the ice but it should work shouldn't it?? :-\  The other option is if someone has a chiller I could borrow for a couple days.... :D
Firefighting:  How hard can it be?  You just put the wet stuff on the red stuff right?

57 Rimless SPS/LPS in the works

OLD:180g mixed reef, 60g sump, 2 30g frag tanks, 30g macro algae tank.  300g total system.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Temporary DIY Chiller??
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 14:17:21 »
The club has a chiller you can use. It is here available for pickup.

Offline Blazinreef

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 14:20:04 »
Wow...  didn't know we had one of those.  Will let you know when I need it!!
Firefighting:  How hard can it be?  You just put the wet stuff on the red stuff right?

57 Rimless SPS/LPS in the works

OLD:180g mixed reef, 60g sump, 2 30g frag tanks, 30g macro algae tank.  300g total system.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 14:25:45 »
It is new tool for us and available for planned/unplanned AC outage. It is large enough for big systems on hot days and still portable. I think it is 1/3 horse power. BOD was just about to put the post up about its availability so you are in luck.  :-ThumbUpsm