2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: What is great about Ohio Reef  (Read 3540 times)

Offline Keith92

• Keith92
  • Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
What is great about Ohio Reef
« on: July 20, 2016, 18:04:14 »
I had a little mishap a couple days ago.  While working under my tank I splashed water onto the power supply for my Tunze ATO. They make great stuff but it's not water proof.  After a big puff of smoke and the smell of fried electronics I started looking for a replacement.  About $50 was the going rate on amazon and ebay. This afternoon I took it to Gary to see if he had a suitable replacement. Of course he did!  He gave me the part and would not take anything for it. Thanks again Gary. Sometimes we need a reminder why being part of a community is better than trying to do things alone.

Offline Steve

• Adult
Re: What is great about Ohio Reef
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 18:20:51 »
He works on trucks too! And he fed me! What a nice guy. It is nice being part of a community. I have had plenty of members help me with stuff. I have had people give me frags when my tank crashed and help me move my 180 and other things as well. Thanks members of Ohio Reef.

Offline delta1190

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 20:04:54 »
Gary is a great guy he has helped me with so much from my tank to my car even with my house his wife is super too. The reason i have a tank is Gary - what a guy he is a definite asset to this club .

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 21:55:21 »
Gary got me all setup with oxygen for fish transport. Did research to find best solution, gave me the part listings and shopped prices for me. Looks like he has helped a lot of us out.

Offline soldiers4christ50

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 22:02:19 »
I could use Gary now lol. Drained my sump to clean it and my daughter was helping me carry it and dropped it. So now it's broke. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to do as I have no back up yea tank.

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 22:06:04 »
I think I'll go get a Rubbermaid toat at Walmart for now. Sorry for high jacking the thread if this was in the wrong place delete it.

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 22:47:51 »
Well here is a reason Ohio Reef is so awesome. In the midst of my freaking out right now lazy calmed me down and told me how to keep my tank safe without loosing anything. I have had help from several members on here. Lots of years of knowledge to help people out.

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 10:12:44 »
I have received countless good advice since I joined Ohio Reef and started my first tank back in October last year. I have had bubble algae, aiptasia, sea lettuce, and now treating for cyano. I have bought used stuff at fair prices, got stuff free when I needed it bad (thanks Gary), and I have tried to return all the favors and friendship the best I can. Don't know where I would be without the help of so many good people in this club. For us newer reefers, we are pretty darn lucky to have such a good group of people here.
It costs HOW much?!

Offline Grymtooth

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 09:22:22 »
Not much that I can say here that hasn't been already said. Being extremely new to reefing (just over a year now), I've had tons of questions answered, advice on how to treat the tank, and met wonderful people who are always willing to help out. Can't ask for much more out of a community.

Jordan

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 18:55:52 »
So glad to see people are still helping each other out! That was our goal when several of us created Ohio Reef several years ago. Unfortunately, I think most of the original founders have moved on. I like to pop in now and then to see how Ohio Reef is doing. We've had a few ups and downs, but always seem to pull through!!