2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Lazy’s Coral House Build Thread  (Read 31310 times)

Offline Agame43

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: Lazy’s Coral House Build Thread
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2018, 23:30:23 »

Lazy, the word in the English Dictionary to best describe your level of detail is  - - - 'Insane'. Man Love the concept, attention to detail and level of passion- I'm really stoked to see this set up running and growing some amazing corals that may end up in my tank. You may need to have a 'Tech Juinkie Day' as your Official - ssshhhh quite opener - then open to the public!

Cheers! Rick

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2018, 08:28:31 »
Thank you Rick for the kind words :)

Offline Gemcitydoor

• Fry
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2018, 18:45:35 »
Looks like a lot more open space which is nice and floors and tanks look great can’t wait to see it all in person.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2018, 21:41:46 »
Thanks Eddie.

Did the overflow plumbing today. Hope to get the returns done tomorrow.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2018, 23:00:41 »
Return plumbing is complete. All three tanks are fed by both pumps. That way if one pump fails the system will continue to operate.
Tomorrow’s goal is to add acrylic center brace to each tank, install ro system and begin filling tanks.

Offline Warhawk937

• Adult
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2018, 23:10:46 »
wow that is one clean set up

Offline Warhawk937

• Adult
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2018, 23:12:36 »
question.  does the drain from your sump have a check valve.  i would hate to see the sewer or storm backup into your system?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2018, 23:15:20 »

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2018, 23:36:16 »
Are the neptune valves for flow control or to monitor flow? what are the return pumps?  what are the plans for the different compartments of the sump?  sorry for all the questions buy I am sure everyone would like to know.  You really do have a great attention for detail.
Jeff

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2018, 09:57:59 »
They are flow monitors. It can detect gph going through pipe and text if reduced. The return pumps are apex cor20.
The first chamber where water comes in will have macro algae. 2nd chamber for skimmer, 3rd live rock and last one for return pumps, auto top off, and heaters. I think per Rick’s suggestion for Ohio Reef I will have an open house before I open for those that want a behind the scene tour

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2018, 10:34:39 »
Better hire a traffic cop.
Jeff :be happy:

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2018, 12:19:43 »
I think per Rick’s suggestion for Ohio Reef I will have an open house before I open for those that want a behind the scene tour

Now that is a great idea!!

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2018, 12:20:22 »
Better hire a traffic cop.
Jeff :be happy:

I might happen to know a really cool cop!!!   :police: 

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2018, 14:25:50 »
Brian, please include me in the invitation. I am really interested in your wizardry. It obviously breeds success!
They are flow monitors. It can detect gph going through pipe and text if reduced. The return pumps are apex cor20.
The first chamber where water comes in will have macro algae. 2nd chamber for skimmer, 3rd live rock and last one for return pumps, auto top off, and heaters. I think per Rick’s suggestion for Ohio Reef I will have an open house before I open for those that want a behind the scene tour

Offline Warhawk937

• Adult
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2018, 16:32:19 »
Sighs me up

Offline guynamedfleck

• Juvenile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2018, 17:32:32 »
You freaking rock! I would love to pick your brain on the sump. I am terrified to start building mine!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2018, 23:52:55 »
Fleck feel free to give me a call next week. (After Monday;  that’s when we close and I have to be out of house). Things should be winding down then.

I will post up an open house in a couple weeks. Anyone that wants to come from Ohio Reef is welcome.

1 tank and sump is full. Halfway full on tank 2 and tank 3 is still dry. . ro/di is working  overtime. Cranked the pressure up 100psi. Estimating tomorrow late afternoon all should be full and online. Added rock, a bunch of fish and anemone to sump. Plan to have everything moved in by Friday.

Eddie (gemcitydoor), Jeff (jjoss99), my son and I are planning to tear down old system on Friday. Wonder what I will find in sump. It has been setup undisturbed for 8 years now. I bet it has 3” of silt on bottom. It is probrably where most of the filtration is happening.

Offline soldiers4christ50

• Adult
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2018, 13:27:33 »
Brain that is looking totally amazing but it’s you so why wouldn’t it be lol. Can’t wait to come check it out.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2018, 16:08:16 »
That is a massive and great looking sump and plumbing job. Very convenient as well. I do have to ask, with all of your success with the ancient sump you were previously using, why didn’t you incorporate that into the new system? Do you think it got too stirred up to be of any use??

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2018, 19:35:04 »
Thanks Jesse and Matt.
Jesse the silt and detritus in the sump is probrably great filtration but I don’t know for sure. It would probrably take some  experimentation to figure out if it is a benefit or deficit. I have been swishing the rock in saltwater to remove silt and than putting it in the new sump. I always love your questions. You would be great on a project team like BRS reef certinity or fantasy series

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2018, 23:27:25 »
It has been a tuff 24 hours. Last night from 8:30pm to 6am this morning my son and I brought all the livestock to the new house. Then from noon - 4pm we pulled out all 9 tanks and stands. It went much quicker then I thought, thanks to the help of Jeff and Eddie and his father. Glad that is behind me.
Plan for tomorrow is to pull the lights down, repair and paint the wall and ceiling.

Offline JMM

• Juvenile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2018, 00:00:27 »
You and your wife are going to need a vacation when the move is complete and the other house is in someone else’s hands. 

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2018, 09:05:14 »
Sad to see the store emptied out but I can’t wait to see the new place thriving.

Offline Gemcitydoor

• Fry
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2018, 17:28:46 »
Glad we Could help brian hopefully the hardest stuff is behind you and on to the next chapter.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #74 on: December 07, 2018, 21:20:09 »
Hey where are the updates since the move!!!!
Jeff