2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Latest buys  (Read 2462 times)

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
Latest buys
« on: May 19, 2011, 23:25:58 »
Guys and gals, I've worked out discounted pricing with BRS and Prem Aquatics following your requests.  The silence is deafening.  Is anyone going to respond, or not?  Please advise.  Both buys will be closed during the first week of June.

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
Re: Latest buys
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 00:11:51 »
Where's the details on the BRS?
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 12:12:17 »
Did you mean BFS?

Offline rancoo

• Adult
Latest buys
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 15:21:41 »
I'm assuming it's BRS bulk reef supply
-Brad
110 Gallon (48x18x30)

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 15:25:42 »
I'm assuming it's BRS bulk reef supply

Yeah though BRS is their intials, I'm with lazy on the typo, I believe it is Buckeye Field Supply as Kattz already stated he was working a buy with them in a previous post.... however if it is BRS I would be equally stoaked aswell.
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 17:52:43 »
My bad.  BFS.
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 22:00:41 »
Just to clarify now that I'm not fat-fingering my smartphone...  The group buy is for BFS, not BRS.  We will be doing a group buy for BRS later this year if I can set it up.

We as reefers had a really good swap, and to give credit where it's due, Dave, Brian, Christy, and others worked very hard to make it a great swap.  Good job on the food, too!  Having said that, while we had a great swap, some of the vendors did not and actually did very poorly.  This may be due to the great number of vendors that we had, maybe not. 

As I spoke to every vendor at the swap, two or three didn't do so great, and BFS didn't even recoup their fuel expenses from Cincinnati.  That's the purpose of this buy; not so that we can collectively put our hand out and say "What's in it for us?", but more along the lines of "Thank you for helping to support our swap; maybe we can return the favor."  I'm planning on buying some buckets of alk, calcium, and magflake, and all new media for my RO/DI system.  It would be nice to show a local business that we're not just looking for a handout, don't you think?  If you're thinking of buying RO/DI media, or a system, or hardware, or chemicals, please consider it.  I realize that BRS is cheaper; I get it. 

Offline Reefpete

• My pain is self chosen
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 22:10:00 »
I'm glad that you cleared that up. I was actually getting pretty effen confused. With that being said back to the drawing board for pete!