2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: holding tank  (Read 1571 times)

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
holding tank
« on: March 28, 2018, 23:20:33 »
Looking to borrow some kindof holding tank, rubbermaid tank.  I am planning on replacing my current tank and need some way of housing my coral, rock and fish while I make the switch.  I'm having to rebuild my current stand and hood so things might be in the holding tank for alittle while.  Let me know if you have anything that might work for me.
thanks
Jeff

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
Re: holding tank
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 09:19:46 »
Jeff, I got a 29 gallon tank if that will help you

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 10:17:03 »
Thanks for the offer,   I am hoping someone has something like a livestock tub or heavy brute cans that I could use.  The biggest issue is I will need to keep everything in the temp housing while I rebuild my stand and hood to fit the new tank.  will probably be getting some more rock also that will have to be cured out.
thanks
Jeff

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 10:37:38 »
Why are you replacing your tank? Bigger?

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 11:00:23 »
I am working out a deal on a new tank from customaquariums that is 6 in deeper and getting rid of the overflows.  It is a tank that was built for a customer and the customer backed out.  They are looking it over to make sure that it isnt scratched before I commit.  I dont know how long it has been in storage and how they treat them.  I have always wanted a 300dd but I would need a new stand and hood and have concerns of trying to service the back of the tank.  I should be able to rebuild the stand I have to accommodate the tank I am looking at which would be a huge savings in itself.
Jeff

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 11:09:40 »
Awesome. I hope all goes well with it. You should start a personal build thread if the sale goes well!

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 15:06:47 »
i have a 24X40 ish acrylic sump you are welcome to use, it has just been sitting around in my basement for 2 years. i can get exact measurements tonight is interested.