2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Chemiclean Experience  (Read 2859 times)

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
Chemiclean Experience
« on: March 09, 2018, 15:04:30 »
Thanks for the recommendation Lazylivin. I treated the system yesterday and today the cyano is all gone from the sump and the DT is 80% clear. Here is a before and today shot of it.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Chemiclean Experience
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 16:16:35 »
Good deal, glad it worked

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 16:45:07 »
I know alot of others have had great experiences with chemiclean but not in my case.  Ive used it on 2 different occasions.  The first time I did back to back treatments and afterwards I experienced a lot of stn and coral loss.  I thought that maybe it was due to me doing back to back treatments.  I tried it again maybe a year or so later with one treatment and experienced the same stn and loss.  Both times my skimmer went nuts for right at a week, had to run it wide open.  I threw the bottle in the trash and will never use it again.  I guess every system is different and reacts differently with treatments.
Jeff

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 19:13:10 »
That’s odd Jeff. I haven’t seen any negative effects so far. Yes, it says to oxygenate the water while doing the treatment so I just took my skimmer cup off and let it bubble over. pH is about .5 lower than normal. Going to do the 20% WC tomorrow and I’m hoping that calms the skimmer down a bit. I tried putting my cup back on but even wide open it’s overflowing.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 23:03:07 »
I do the same Jesse. If your skimmer cup has a drain you can hook it up to a 5g bucket. It will usually stop in about 10- 15 minutes running into bucket. Keep an eye on it though

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 06:56:55 »
Ditto on the skimmer drain. I also did a 20% WC and ran carbon for a couple day afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It costs HOW much?!

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 10:39:10 »
I don’t have a Skimmer drain on my cup. I did a 20% WC and then just dumped the cup a couple times the first two hours. It seemed to do the trick. The Chemiclean did a fantastic job I must say....