December 14, 2018, 23:32:38

Welcome to Ohio Reef!

As a guest you can only see a small portion of our online content. Please register it is free and only takes a minute. Click here to Register now. 

Author Topic: Waterjet Cutting  (Read 6484 times)

Offline kattz

• Elder
  • Old surfer dude
Re: Waterjet Cutting
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 18:51:14 »
I use AutoCAD all of the time, and the FLOW cutting system probably uses a .dxf to .mc9 conversion.  If you send me a sketch, I can CAD it for you for no cost when I have time. 

We have 42 six-axis robots doing waterjet cutting 3 shifts/day 6.5 days a week.  Myself and another engineer do the lion's share of the robot programming, and I buy all of the waterjet systems for our facilities in four different plants.  The technology is neat.  Been using it for about 15 years.

WuSue, pm me and I'll send you some info on FLOW replacement parts from another mfgr that are better, last longer, are less expensive, and are a direct drop-in replacement for FLOW parts.  Might be useful for your dad if he needs to or wants to trim some costs. 

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline cbell56

• Premium Member
  • Fry
Re: Waterjet Cutting
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 07:28:03 »
i used a waterjet where i work to cut the baffles for my sump. it work very well.