2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: What is everyone doing with their tanks lately?  (Read 41751 times)

Offline chromiumlux

What is everyone doing with their tanks lately?
« on: September 01, 2012, 20:14:49 »
So, what is new with everyone's tanks. What plans do you have?, What's new in your tank?
Chromiumlux

Offline dee99gt

• Adult
Re: What is everyone doing with their tanks lately?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 20:18:01 »
watching it cycle..........   :beee:
- deejay

Offline volcano

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 20:18:14 »
I just bought out all the emerald crabs from Gerber's.   :P

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 20:20:17 »
watching it cycle..........   :beee:

Gotta love a tank cycle! It's a funky kinda impatient feeling isn't it.....lol
Chromiumlux

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 20:20:50 »
I just bought out all the emerald crabs from Gerber's.   :P

How many emeralds and for what purpose?
Chromiumlux

Offline volcano

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 20:24:16 »
It's not like I bought a ton, but they only had 12 left and are not sure when more will arrive.  I just wanted to add to my cleaning crew and emerald crabs are one of my favorites. 

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 20:44:55 »
I am watching new corals acclimate to my lights.
Chromiumlux

Offline discus513

• Adult
    • Cincinnati Club (C.A.R.E.)
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 21:37:02 »
added some emeralds myself,i hope they will help with some hair algae issues I've been having.also picked up a couple new fish and getting ready to start planning my new tank build

Offline Sunny

• Adult
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 21:38:17 »
What kind of new corals?   We, as you know, haven't done anything since Spring.  Tonight, since it was raining, we changed the GFO and Carbon, boiled the nozzle on the return cause it has Aptasia on it, cleaned the skimmer, and took out my dead plants in the sump.  Hard to believe the corals look better than ever with no maintenance on this tank in months.

Offline kattz

• Old surfer dude
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 21:51:03 »
Pulling out sand and detritus, added CADlights conic biopellet reactor this week, new GFO and carbon this week, and 20 gal water change this week.  Have been tuning the LED's BACK for about 3 weeks, and now running about 60%, turned off the green completely, and everyone is much happier.

Kev
90g SPS and LPS reef tank, 35g sump, ceramic rock by The Alternative Reef, Neptune Apex w 2 X EB8's, Moonlight module, ATI Sunpower Dimmable 8 X 39W T5's, Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer, PM Kalkwasser Reactor, 2 X Vortech MP40's, Geo 618 Ca reactor

Various thriving montipora, acropora, stylopora, wellsophyllia, blastomussa, hammer, anchor, and frogspawn, lobophyllia, rhizotrychus, pavona, scroll, and pagoda SPS and LPS corals, but no fish because I was too stupid to QT...

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 21:55:51 »
Planning out where I'm going to put all my new frags.

Offline dee99gt

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 01:12:44 »
I just bought a nano overflow, mag 3 pump, and a new light for my 20 long....  now to plan out my sump..   8) 
- deejay

Offline Mussin

• Adult
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 09:07:02 »
Just got my 90 up and running.  Added a ton of snails (I think almost too many).  Planning on what to add next as far as livestock/coral.

Jeremy

Offline buckeyereefer

• Adult
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 09:09:55 »
haven't done anything to the recently purchased tank. Marineland 300 DD with starphire front & sides !!   8)   but have got cple tunze 6105's for it along with aquabus module and WXM module for mp40's for the Apex. also got cple BNIB Lumatek 250/400W ballasts.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 10:20:14 »
Just doing cleanup activities, like cable management and re positioning things in my sump.   Going to clean out my CA reactor and Kalk reactor today, and re-plumb in my continuous water change system.

Offline Kenn

• Lifetime Premium Member
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2012, 12:06:20 »
Praying to the saltwater gods over the tank daily... Seems to be working :)
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 13:12:42 »
Considering if cost prohibitive building a 9 foot acrylic tank to replace two frag tanks.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2012, 14:14:27 »
Well if you replace the shallow acrylic you have, put me on the short list :) I love that tank
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline volcano

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2012, 15:59:57 »
Well, today I am thinking of a way to catch a freakin flame angle.  The darn thing just decided to pick at my acans.  The angel has never bothered any coral and today suddenly it decided to taste them.   :flame

I love these acans too.  It isn't really eating them, but pecks at them enough to make them close up.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 16:03:04 »
see if you can get it interested in something else. do you feed nori ??

Offline volcano

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 16:07:40 »
Yeah, I feed nori to the tangs every day, and the flame never messes with it.  This flame angel has been perfect, now today it decides to pick on my acans.  I wish it were easy to catch w/o ripping out all my rock. 

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2012, 17:30:43 »
Once those angels get a taste of coral flesh genetic disposition sets in and you will have trouble keeping LPS.
Chromiumlux

Offline volcano

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2012, 20:51:21 »
Hopefully, the angel is just picking at the mucus.  It isn't really eating anything, just pecking like it would at the rock.  If it does start doing damage, I guess I am going to be spending a day tearing out rock and catching myself a flame angel. 

Oh, and Lazylivn hooked me up with a ton of insane coral today too!

Offline volcano

« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 18:42:57 »
Well, today I placed a lot of coral from Lazylivin in my tank and my flame angel has not touched my acans.  They have opened up as usual.  Thank goodness.  I'll be certain to keep an eye on him daily.   

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 16:50:07 »
Watching my coraline encrust all my rocks... Tank is starting to establish...

Wondering if I should offer up my mandarin to a good home, When all the GHA went away I lost lost all my pod population as she ate them. Now I see little to no pods. Would try to culture pods agian but my last attempt crashed and burned horribly, plus I used a terrible supplier, wont do that again.

Thinking about adding another Clown fish.

Wondering if I want to buy a purp plate and try to squeeze it in scape, or just pick up more sps and save the lps for the 75.

Simply amazed at how much fun this nano is actually providing me... Yeah I love the bigger tanks but I honestly dreaded this nano attempt, and thus far it is every bit of amazing.

75 is in pieces, everything bought for it, just need to assemble and add wa wa.

God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2012, 22:06:46 »
I spent the afternoon placing all my corals....finally!!! Now to leave them be and watch them grow. Pics up tomorrow.
Chromiumlux

Offline Viggen

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2012, 22:56:39 »
Spent the day draining and cleaning my 210g, moving fish to qt, watching my cin clown draw blood on my hand 3 different times...... Cleaned and drained someone more.

Swapped er rs250 pump (octopus impeller) for a bubble blaster 3000 ..... Let there be bubbles

Tomorrow some new fish arrive..... More cleaning and hopefully a sold 210g
300g tub o fish

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2012, 22:58:38 »
I'm in the same boat as Boon and Chrom, after I got my water issues under control "bad RO filters" growth has absolutely EXPLODED in my tank.  I've seen some of my chalices add over a 1/2" in the last month.  Everything is growing like crazy!!!!  It's nice to finally see the tank finally come together and grow.  I need to do another 60g water change soon.

Offline volcano

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2012, 15:41:12 »
I met Brian (LazyLivn) today and picked up a fish trap.  Now I am going to catch a Flame Angel.  Once it's trapped I am getting rid of it.  Darn thing decided to pick on one of my trachyphyllias today and now it hasn't opened today.  This flame angel is done!   :angry4:

Offline discus513

• Adult
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2012, 18:10:10 »
changed out my di resin today, running some rodi water for some water changes that are coming up.i did do a water change on my qt setup today which holds a bangai cardinal,a sixline wrasse and go figure a flame angel.the post above scares me

Offline The WuSue

• Adult
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 21:35:28 »
*cautiously tapping on my head* Things have been good. No hiccups since the ice storm. Got new Kold Ser-il cartridges and DI on order. Very lazily looking around the state for a healthy CBB and a radiant wrasse.... Growth has been amazing and color has returned to most corals (a couple pieces browned up during the move). Decided yesterday to give up on having a decorative algae tank and moved all the cheato down to the 75g below the turf scrubber and it is loving it. With the newly acquired space that used to be the cheato tank I will begin the process of setting up a frag tank. (Any chance anyone has a 36 in tec light 5T with either 4 or 6 slot sitting around?) Other than that, looking forward to cutting up small creatures and gluing them to cement....

Life's good!!!!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 22:23:48 »
aggressively hitting F5 on fragswapper to see new listings.

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 22:39:10 »

Put me down for a frag of that delicate when you go to chop it up....lol. Thanks.
Chromiumlux

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2012, 22:46:30 »
That was a nice snag. Got lucky catching that before anyone else did.

Offline mrfish183

• Fry
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 23:03:23 »
That was a nice snag. Got lucky catching that before anyone else did.

I thought about posting something at 3:00 am to see if you were still awake and monitoring fragswapper :).

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 23:05:55 »
lol....I might just be on there as well.
Chromiumlux

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2012, 23:07:37 »
I gotta quit monitoring.....spending too much $$$

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2012, 23:49:05 »
I thought about posting something at 3:00 am to see if you were still awake and monitoring fragswapper :).

haha, maybe

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2012, 13:07:23 »
What kind of new corals?   We, as you know, haven't done anything since Spring.  Tonight, since it was raining, we changed the GFO and Carbon, boiled the nozzle on the return cause it has Aptasia on it, cleaned the skimmer, and took out my dead plants in the sump.  Hard to believe the corals look better than ever with no maintenance on this tank in months.
Would you please come by and put your magic hands in my tank so it will respond just as yours has?
The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!

Offline rayviv

• Here fishy, fishy.
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2012, 13:29:28 »
Trying to keep the algae from growing. Have a couple new fish and corals? Yellow Tang, Blue Hepa; and tomorrow I get a pyramid butterfly, a couple dusters and a new conch.
I have a 30g long frag tank just set up last week thats trying to turn brown. Not sure I have rite lights over it. A 2 bulb JBJ compact, A 20g acrylic sump below.

I was lucky to get a set of 2 MHs with reflectors and 3 ballast, and a 20"Odessy Moon light, and float mags, and an urchin (didn't make it) all for $50.00.

I am looking for a canopy for my 180g so that I can put up the MH lights over it.

The mind is a wonderful servant but a dangerous master!

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 10:29:18 »

Don't you hate it when you are johnny on the spot, and land the sweet deal.   Then the person just deletes the posting without comment.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 10:47:57 »
I haven't had that happen yet but that would suck.

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 16:36:30 »
I think I need to join fragswapper anonymous! Found a lot of nice corals and way off budget....lol. Making up for the past two swaps I missed.
Chromiumlux

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 18:40:24 »
Ya....I missed out on the coral saw that was listed for fairly cheap.  I need one badly.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2012, 18:55:32 »
Ya....I missed out on the coral saw that was listed for fairly cheap.  I need one badly.

That was what I scored on.......it was deleted today.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 20:08:30 »
Boooooo....that sux.    I wonder if we could get these cheaper if we had 3 or 4 guys that wanted one.   They are so dang expensive otherwise.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 23:36:44 »
Oh man that sucks Paul. Sorry to hear that. It was a steal.

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2012, 16:11:04 »
lol....wonder who got it?
Chromiumlux

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2012, 23:05:46 »
Currently acclimating corals I acquired at the swap. Suprisingly, everything was clean! Very nice pieces. Fun begins as soon as I put on a pot of coffee and start placing these in their homes. Mapped out my par levels last week and have a good idea where they will be happy.
Chromiumlux

Offline Andrew

• Juvenile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2012, 23:46:14 »
I got some unluckly frags with bugs and hitchers everywhere. Looking forward to the next Ohio Reef swap and I'll have many frags of my own at that one. and the one thing I hated the most about this swap was that damn 4-square. I like being limited to the cash on hand but the card made me splurge a couple times today.

Offline discus513

• Adult
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2012, 00:20:19 »
I trimmed up some corals today and pulled out some hair algae.i'm glad this stuff is finally getting under control, the gfo is working, and the emaralds are having a field day,i wish I could have made the swap but working Sunday nights got in the way today

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2012, 17:13:28 »
the one thing I hated the most about this swap was that damn 4-square.

I avoided that like the plague.

Offline mbettman

• Adult
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2012, 18:40:45 »
Still dosing with vodka.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2013, 17:33:14 »
Slightly modified Rockscape and moved a couple corals in and a couple out. Took some pictures for fragswapper.

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2013, 18:36:18 »
Fraggin for the swap, added some new favias and blastos. 

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2013, 18:43:38 »
I've done the same as lazy.....sold that big combo rock that had over 70 nuke greens, 50 purple deaths, and a massive prizm favia larger than the palm of my hand.  That meant tearing out all the rock on that side of the tank as my scaping had slipped and was now on top of the rock I wanted to take out.  So I rescaped, and like it even better.  I've also added a 6"+ Blonde Naso and a small cryptic 6 line wrasse. 

In the near future I want to start running bio pellets in a recirculating reactor, but not sure which i want to buy or if I'll just DIY it.

Oh....and the Cleveland Swap hurt my wallet badly.  So DIY might be the way I go.

Offline efanning

• Fry
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2013, 19:02:32 »
Just added this little guy to my tank (:

Offline yinyang

• Adult
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2013, 00:14:46 »
setup another starphire solana with led,this one will be sps only!maybe i should change my name to nano junkie!!

Offline bbtm64

• Adult
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2013, 20:01:40 »
I'm just waiting on a green Mandarin. I'll be adding more corals soon.
Brent McCloskey

Offline KCNano23

• 29 Gal Nano Cube
  • Juvenile
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2013, 20:32:11 »
Going through my diatom bloom...
Added a few new corals and got rid of a few...
Also got my new led lights from MS!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2013, 20:39:24 »
Looks really nice

Offline KCNano23

• 29 Gal Nano Cube
  • Juvenile
« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2013, 20:48:07 »
Looks really nice

Thanks! It's slowly starting to fill up. I'm getting some ricordeas this thursday

Offline THE MAD REEFER

• Adult
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2013, 21:29:44 »
working on my next tank set up
doing this on a budget
so far so good on the pieces and pricing of everything
still have alot of items to get

Offline charlieweaver

• Adult
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2013, 02:25:32 »
Re-faced my stands built when had no money because this hobby cost to much lol

Old

New stands

Next its time to do something with lights
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2013, 19:59:39 »
The stand looks great. Looks like the tank is filling up with corals.
Chromiumlux

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2013, 20:07:23 »
Update on my tank. I am currently waiting on an order of live rock to come in. Decided to go back to live fiji and cure it like I did when I had my 30g.
Chromiumlux

Offline tbred

• Juvenile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2013, 20:45:50 »
I am currently battling GHA.  I am looking to add another fish, a long nosed hawkfish!  Also I am currently planning an upgrade to a 40 breeder.  This will include making a stand, adding a sump, and general awesomeness upgrades!

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2013, 00:36:48 »
Update on my tank. I am currently waiting on an order of live rock to come in. Decided to go back to live fiji and cure it like I did when I had my 30g.

Good call, did you get direct? Ocean to box to you, not hitting a LFS rock tank?

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2013, 20:43:36 »
Good call, did you get direct? Ocean to box to you, not hitting a LFS rock tank?

Yes Brian, it is coming direct. Pics when it arrives.
Chromiumlux

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2013, 21:02:05 »
That is good, I will do the same with my next build. Dry rock took way to long to establish and I miss all the diversity I got with it.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2013, 21:06:28 »
Ready for an upgrade Brian?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2013, 21:39:58 »
I think it would be a couple years before I would do an upgrade but yes at some point I would like a 8 foot long tank.

Offline charlieweaver

• Adult
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2013, 22:58:40 »
Where did you order from. Its this rock safe to add to an old build lazy?  If so where do I order from?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2013, 23:21:21 »
You would still need to cure it for a while from the die off in transit. Andy you will have to let us know when you get it.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2013, 17:03:09 »
Installed 5 gallon Alk and Calcium dosing jugs and picked up 2 MS 120 LED's. Not sure yet where I will use them but was a good deal and will help reduce my energy footprint.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2013, 21:50:28 »
Fragging......Fragging.......Fragging...........and also trying to find room to add a few T5's to my LED setup.

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2013, 22:59:33 »
I have been waiting patiently as my tank matures again. Corals are growing well again. Haven't added anything new in a long time. May get out and see if I can find a nice new acro or lps. The pajamas are mouth brooding again...lol...more free fish and coral treats.
Chromiumlux

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2013, 00:13:35 »
Lowered my Orpheks another inch tonight. I have been lowering an inch every month. Want to get to about 35" off the sand bed. At 40" now. Corals are getting used to the higher par and they are really starting to color up and grow nicely.
Chromiumlux

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2013, 01:06:11 »
I cut my rose nebula zoas tonight......  I've been fearing that one for a while now.   Now if only my Darth Mauls would cooperate......I might attempt them too.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2013, 11:33:16 »
Complete rebuild from the ground up :(

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2013, 20:15:42 »
Complete rebuild from the ground up :(

What happened Kenn?
Chromiumlux

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2013, 20:18:23 »
Now that my tank is whole again, I decided to add a few new corals. Picked up some great frags from Lazy today. Almost done with the acclimation. Pics later.
Chromiumlux

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2013, 20:40:16 »
Ignoring it and what do you know my corals look better than they have in a while. Added a RBTA and some clowns. Wanting to add some new stuff, but need to get rid of some old stuff.

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2013, 21:32:57 »
Ignoring it and what do you know my corals look better than they have in a while. Added a RBTA and some clowns. Wanting to add some new stuff, but need to get rid of some old stuff.

What old stuff do you have Steve?
Chromiumlux

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #84 on: July 29, 2013, 20:16:59 »
I have added a few things.

Having trouble posting pics on this post only, strange.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 20:26:42 by Steve »

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2013, 00:48:19 »
Well.....I got lucky and stumbled across a trio of 24" x 24" x 12" cubes.  Daddy's little helper assisted in the installation and before I knew it I had a sand castle in the tank.......lol.    Anyways, the 40 breeder behind will be replaced by a second cube, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the third yet.....but I'll find a home for it.   :-)

Offline bbtm64

• Adult
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2013, 01:53:22 »
In the process of trying to catch that crab, which has been unsuccessful at this point, I rearranged some things and took some stuff out. Its not much different from before.

Brent McCloskey

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2013, 02:24:35 »
What kinda crab?
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline bbtm64

• Adult
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2013, 03:48:56 »
It was tentatively identified as a gorilla crab. I'm pretty sure that its killed several of my snails and possibly 4 fish, my mandarin included.
Its approximately 1½" across and, so far, smarter than me, lol.
Brent McCloskey

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2013, 04:00:02 »
Lol well good luck
"Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2013, 19:22:34 »
Yeah, you will do well to get that crab out of your tank. It's gonna lay waste to life in that tank.
Chromiumlux

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2013, 22:13:13 »
What do they do?

Offline bbtm64

• Adult
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2013, 22:28:47 »
They'll eat your fish and some corals. I'm not having very good luck catching him, to say the least, lol.
Brent McCloskey

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2013, 22:31:22 »
They'll eat your fish and some corals. I'm not having very good luck catching him, to say the least, lol.

Did you get a positive ID on this crab? Long pointed black claws?
Chromiumlux

Offline bbtm64

• Adult
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2013, 00:45:32 »
Not a positive ID. I'll try to get another picture but that may take awhile. It kinda looks like a fiddler crab but the one claw isn't as long.
This is the last pic I got of it.
Brent McCloskey

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2013, 20:55:30 »
Not liking the look of those claws. I would banish it to the sump if you can catch him.
Chromiumlux

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2013, 20:59:40 »
Tonight, I am finally placing my corals. Took some time to let them get happy where they are sitting. Picked up some nice frags from Lazy the other day also. I think they all will do well in my tank. I will post up some pics when done. I have a crappy point and shoot so, probably wont be the best pics.
Chromiumlux

Offline bbtm64

• Adult
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2013, 00:52:36 »
I'm picking up some water jugs in the morning so I can get some RO water to do a water change. Luckily I have a couple totes I can mix it in. Hopefully, this will start to bring some things under control.
Brent McCloskey

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2013, 02:20:33 »
Couple older pieces and several new additions.

GARF Bonsai

Red Goniapora

Acro Lokani

Red Hornets

RBTA

Offline bbtm64

• Adult
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2013, 02:26:03 »
Nice stuff, Steve. I really like the red hornets.
Brent McCloskey

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2013, 02:59:26 »
Thanks

Offline bbtm64

• Adult
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2013, 10:00:19 »
OK, I'm having a heck of a time trying to find 5 gallon water jugs. Anyone have an idea who carries them? Preferably, stackable and with lids.
Brent McCloskey

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2013, 10:11:52 »
Y not just use 5 gallon buckets from lowes

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2013, 10:51:48 »
Y not just use 5 gallon buckets from lowes

Yeah, the white ones are food grade and have a sealable lid.
Chromiumlux

Offline bbtm64

• Adult
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2013, 19:15:29 »
I didn't know that. I'll pick up some of those then. Thanks
Brent McCloskey

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #105 on: August 02, 2013, 19:18:25 »
No problem their what I use I have 6 of them lol

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2013, 01:30:08 »
Thought I would share some of my summers work:  and I wanted to play with the camera on my new cell.

Saved this guy and getting him all colored back up:

And all of these I'm growing out:  Hence the new frag tanks that were mentioned earlier in this thread:

Micromussa:

Jedi Mind Trick Monti:

Magicians:

Jokers:

BamBam's and not sure what the others are:

And my new bubble tip I'm growing out:

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2013, 01:40:27 »
Those fruit loops and magicians are sweet looking

Offline matt78goins

• Fry
« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2013, 06:56:10 »
Really nice coral.

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2013, 12:26:44 »
Those fruit loops and magicians are sweet looking

Have to agree with Brian on that one.

Thought I would share some of my summers work:  and I wanted to play with the camera on my new cell.

And all of these I'm growing out:  Hence the new frag tanks that were mentioned earlier in this thread:

Nice looking corals, Scott.

Offline Mussin

• Adult
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2013, 21:55:48 »
Awesome looking corals Scott...  You selling?

Jeremy

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2013, 22:32:22 »
My stuff is always available.....if you still have my number, drop me a text and let me know what your interested in.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2013, 22:54:45 »
Is that new sand or is it always that white?

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2013, 23:08:11 »
I put all new sand in the new frag tanks.

Offline bbtm64

• Adult
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2013, 14:16:31 »
YAHOOOOOOOO!! I finally trapped the crab I've been trying to catch for months. Time for a party lol :laugh:
Brent McCloskey

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2013, 15:41:34 »
I wish I could ge tmy Blue Hippo and Yellow Tang out.  I can't get close to them and they won't go near a trap.

Offline Travis8896

« Reply #116 on: September 16, 2013, 15:51:44 »
Y do you want them out?

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2013, 21:02:47 »
Well, we are coming into the winter months folks. Time for some updates on those reefs and tank builds. Let's see some updates in the build threads! I am curious to see what everyone has done this summer.
Chromiumlux

Offline Marine_freak

• Juvenile
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2013, 19:28:03 »
It's not like I bought a ton, but they only had 12 left and are not sure when more will arrive.  I just wanted to add to my cleaning crew and emerald crabs are one of my favorites.

I actually had a problem with them. When they got good sized... Was going after small fish and picking at clam mantles.... They do a great job for bubble algae thou!
A Indonesian fisherman once stated if we blow up the coral reef we have no future...... But if we do not we no way to feed my family now...... How sad the circumstances are today that ruin the opportunity of the future!

Offline customcoral

• Fry
« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2014, 23:44:07 »
I am looking to  get the jebao wp10 wavemaker for my 29 gallon bio cube but no sure if it will be sufficient to just get one ????

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
« Reply #120 on: April 01, 2014, 09:48:25 »
I would start with one. You'll be surprised how much water they move.

Offline ReeferMadness

• Juvenile
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2014, 16:40:09 »
Just hung up my new lights, holy cow!!   8)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2014, 19:29:31 »
Hope to see some pictures of your new lighting/tank

Offline ReeferMadness

• Juvenile
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2014, 21:33:36 »
once it's decent looking I will, I have everything just thrown in like a trash dump. my mh might have to wait till I move, I already had one nosey neighbor ask if I knew what the bright light was, she's probably thinking  'aquarium my ass, damn pot heads!' definitely appropriate with my new name change lol

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

Offline buckeyereefer

• Adult
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2014, 07:29:08 »
 clean & sanitize my ro/di an replace filters plus new di resin is plan today

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2014, 22:38:39 »
Added ATO system 2 weeks ago, last night I mounted and tested my BRS dosing pumps. I have been hand dosing and topping off for so long I won't know how to act.

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2014, 03:41:04 »
Set up Alk jug and pump tonight, will be monitoring close for a couple days to see how close I have the pump set. Will set calcium up tomorrow.

Offline delta1190

• Adult
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2014, 07:00:05 »
well am over the red string algae stuff treated tank with freshwater antibiotic stuff looking good scraped off back wall all fish and inverts are good big relief !!!

Offline vickiwilson

• Adult
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2014, 21:25:09 »
I'm having a run of bad luck in my tank so tonight i ended up having to shuffle heaters around because the 40b heater died.  Tomorrow i will be replacing it :)  I've also had some coral death so i've been moving frags around to different tanks to get a handle on the situation. 

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2014, 15:18:15 »

ATO, both BRS dosing pumps (Alk and Ca) operational, now monitoring to see how close I have the pumps set. So far so good. I just can't get over that feeling that I need to pour something in my tank. 

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2014, 19:31:08 »
How do you have it setup and how many total minutes it running in 24 hour?

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2014, 21:56:53 »
How do you have it setup and how many total minutes it running in 24 hour?

I am using digital timers from Menard's, dosing baking soda solution 6 times a day at 28 min for a total of 168 min, calcium solution 4 times a day at 23 min each for a total of 92 min.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2014, 23:20:07 »
That is a healthy dose. I am surprised to see the Alk and Calcium at a different dosing amount. Has that always been the case? How many cups are you using of each per gallon

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2014, 00:04:44 »
That is a healthy dose. I am surprised to see the Alk and Calcium at a different dosing amount. Has that always been the case? How many cups are you using of each per gallon

When I use soda ash they dose almost exactly the same, but with baking soda you can only dissolve 1 1/4 cups to a gallon, so I have to dose twice as much. Calcium is 2 1/2 cups to a gallon.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2014, 00:24:14 »
oh okay I didn't know that.

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2014, 19:14:23 »
Installed my new frag tank.......yes Lazy's old frag tank

Offline Boonjob

• Reefkeeping: Go Broke or Go Home
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2014, 19:26:42 »
Very Nice
God is great, Beer is good, and People are crazy...

Life is a beach, I'm just playing in the sand.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/boonjob-s-reef-tank

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2014, 20:46:10 »
Looks like it cleaned up nicely

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2014, 22:27:49 »
Looks like it cleaned up nicely

The coraline that was on it fell off in large chunks.  The overflow area was the worst.......The plumbing was not that bad.....although with all of the PVC fittings that I have, I still needed to go to Lowes for more :)

The area is a bit more cramped than before......but then, that is what a fish room is for.   The old frag tank is going to my LPS and coral QT system for a sump..........to hold that skimmer I won at the swap.

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2014, 01:19:13 »
Nice!
Chromiumlux

Offline rrivera@cinci.rr.com

• Fry
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2014, 16:44:43 »
New tank here, going with 75 gallon RR system, custom stand and canopy :)
Thanks for your time,

Mark

Offline smoothie7

• Fry
« Reply #141 on: May 19, 2014, 09:24:59 »
My wife and I just set up a little 29 gallon cube last night. :)

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #142 on: May 19, 2014, 10:11:07 »
I've swapped out one of my overflow boxes for a CPR, which runs much quieter.   I like this box muxh more that my eshopps box that uses the u-tubes.  I'm looking for a second one now.

Offline cbenner

• Juvenile
« Reply #143 on: May 19, 2014, 10:55:28 »
I just took down my 90sps tank because I'm in the middle of a move.  It's all living in a large frag tank at my new place.
I moved all livestock over this weekend and built the stand for a 300.
I bought aquavista99's old tank. It's still in very nice condition. So now getting it into the basement will be my next step.

Offline ThaDon

• Adult
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2014, 23:00:35 »
Just frag my firs coral grant it was a trumpet so not all that hard also a hammer but thinking about trying some more of my corals

Offline wgerstner

• Egg
« Reply #145 on: June 17, 2014, 22:31:14 »
 :be happy: Just bought a ton of corals from a guy for 100, but have never had coral before. I ahave a 200g tank, so plenty of room. Any advice?

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #146 on: June 18, 2014, 20:01:26 »
:be happy: Just bought a ton of corals from a guy for 100, but have never had coral before. I ahave a 200g tank, so plenty of room. Any advice?

RESEARCH, RESEARCH RESEARCH. Make sure you have the equipment to match the corals you bought

Offline GrandeAzul

• Fry
« Reply #147 on: June 18, 2014, 20:08:59 »
Acclimate all of them to your lighting by starting low and raise them slowly. Start measuring your alkalinity and calcium if you have any sps or sps. Remember to feed them.

Offline wgerstner

• Egg
« Reply #148 on: June 19, 2014, 11:39:21 »
Bought sps and lps corals. What do you recommend feeding and how often should I?

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #149 on: June 19, 2014, 18:41:32 »
I would not feed either of thes until you get experienced.  Both will get all they need from the light, provided they have enough.

Please start a tank profile, so we can help more.

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2014, 22:54:04 »
Most of you know by now I am selling off most all of my tank setup. I am downsizing. To what tank, I am not sure yet. I am thinking of doing a NUVO Fusion all in one. I am kinda depressed to tear down. I hope to have something going by winter's end. In the meantime, the break is welcomed and will give me time to reflect on everything I learned not to do in the hobby....lol. The 150 is sold. Fish will be gone tomorrow. Corals are selling. Come get some deals and help me get my new tank.....lol. I will list the rest when all corals and fish are gone. My present position at work has demanded long hours. No quality time to devote to a large tank and this is not fair to the tanks inhabitants. So, I will hang around here while I am tankless and read all the threads from beginning to end this winter....lol
Chromiumlux

Offline ThaDon

• Adult
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2014, 18:04:28 »
So I got bored and this is what I did. I don't really needed to add a skimmer but wont hurt.

Offline Neogenesis

« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2014, 22:55:00 »
What have I been up to, well my 180g is down and out of the house.  The new Ocenaic 144g is on site, but the stand need repaired and refinished.  Hope to get the tank on the stand soon.

Offline delta1190

• Adult
« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2014, 16:42:14 »
Thanks to Gary and his hard work my stand for my 75 is done now comes the cosmetics and the plumbing its plugging along slow but sure .
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 19:46:38 by delta1190 »

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2014, 17:17:57 »
Gritting my teeth!

Offline Miles

• Adult
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2014, 17:55:07 »
I recently had a case made for my phone based off the patterning on my male snowflake clown.

Male Snowflake

Colorized in Gimp

Finished Product

Offline delta1190

• Adult
« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2014, 19:48:07 »
thats cool i like .

Offline chevydoc

• Juvenile
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2014, 20:21:49 »
That case is really cool!

Offline chromiumlux

« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2015, 18:17:20 »
Most of you know that I sold my 150g DD. I am now just getting around to selling off the equipment and other odds and ends. I am not getting out for good. I am merely taking a long break from the hobby. I plan to stay on Ohio Reef. In the meantime I am going to plan a new build or keep saving for a Nuvo. We will see.
Chromiumlux

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2015, 03:30:37 »
Battling Cyano and patiently waiting for BRS to get some Skimz skimmers in so I can put a new skimmer on my system. Corals seem to be growing well now.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2015, 11:24:08 »
Battling Cyano and patiently waiting for BRS to get some Skimz skimmers in so I can put a new skimmer on my system. Corals seem to be growing well now.
I swear by using lanthanum chloride.  I was seeing some cyno awhile back and I dosed 3 or 4 doses of lanthanum and the cyno went away.  My tank was totally gone a few years back and I had a forest of hair algae and starting dosing the lanthanum which brought everything back to life.  Let me know if you would like to try some.
Jeff

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2015, 00:24:20 »
Added a Skimz SM203 DC skimmer, new Avast ATO, 2 new fire fish and a new mandarin dragonet.

Offline Topekoms

• Adult
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2015, 01:14:43 »
Battling coral losses......acros seem to not like my tank at the moment had a crash back in feb due to a 2 part over dose while I was out of town. Everything is stable but somethings just don't wanna stay alive. So working on setting up a 115g frag tank that will be separate from my DT going to move most my frags in to this then as they grow out going to try to move them back to my DT.

Offline KCNano23

• 29 Gal Nano Cube
  • Juvenile
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2015, 10:44:50 »
Just started hand dosing in my tank getting my kh up to 9.5 and ca is right at 430.  Just bought a new OceanRevive Arctic-T247 LED Aquarium Light.  Hung it over the tank yesterday and so far VERY pleased with the colors!!  Starting the intensity at 40% on both channels.  Once I get my lvls dialed in and my light acclimated, i will be adding more corals to fill the tank!

My next project is to redo my sump to try and add a refugium.  Not sure if my current sump is big enough so might need to have one made.

I will post pictures of my setup later today.

Offline Keith92

• Keith92
  • Adult
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2015, 18:54:19 »
I am enjoying my Tunze ATO (Thanks Chromiumlux) it is working great. I also starting dosing 2 part and trying to find the right daily dose.

Offline hdryder

• Fry
« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2015, 15:30:07 »
Replacing my power compact light with a t-5. The bulbs are due and I'm ready for an up grade.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2015, 16:24:25 »
Watching a Candy Cane Pistol Shrimp (new addition :) ) completely rearrange a rubble pile while his new friend, a Yellow Watchman Goby (2 year old tank resident) stands guard

:D

Offline Grymtooth

• Adult
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2015, 04:15:11 »
Added the Ghost Skimmer, and letting the tank "settle" as I have been doing a lot in it lately. Thinking of letting it settle in a bit before adding much else. Although I am still looking around for a small hammer, although not sure if round or wall, depends on what I find.

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2015, 14:19:21 »
tank is about done cycling now.......hope to get my 1st fish soon!
It costs HOW much?!

Offline Kenn

« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2015, 15:05:47 »
Really liking the layout   :-ThumbUpsm

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2015, 17:30:17 »
I agree.  Lots of places to put new corals.  Looks like someone needs to go shopping.
Jeff

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2015, 17:35:13 »
Adding new RW-15 pump this evening! Have really neded the extra flow.

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2015, 17:51:39 »

I agree.  Lots of places to put new corals.  Looks like someone needs to go shopping.
Jeff
thanks! I'm looking forward to going shopping! I think a watchman goby will be my first fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It costs HOW much?!

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2015, 17:52:36 »

thanks Ken. Took a couple tries but I am liking it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It costs HOW much?!

Offline soldiers4christ50

• Adult
« Reply #174 on: October 30, 2015, 18:13:14 »
You will definitely get some more flow with the 15😀👍🏻

Offline Kenn

« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2015, 19:55:57 »
I think a watchman goby will be my first fish.

Good choice   :)

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2015, 21:18:50 »
[quote author=Kenn link=topic=14516.msg167243#msg167243 date=1446249357
It costs HOW much?!

Offline josbur63

• Fry
« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2015, 09:22:40 »
Just added a clam from liveaquaria.

Offline delta1190

• Adult
« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2015, 12:26:32 »
right now mine new 30 gallon is cycling and hope the live rock will be done in the next week or so hope is the key word 

Offline Humphrey

• Adult
« Reply #179 on: December 10, 2015, 19:58:21 »
Sweet clam

Offline saltykid96

• Fry
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2015, 21:46:26 »
After procrastinating for a couple months I'm back to working on a stand for the 2 bad boys that are going to be on it:)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline hdryder

• Fry
« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2015, 13:36:28 »
My new T-5 light fixture arrived with a bulb broken. So instead of sending me just one bulb, They had me send the whole unit back for replacement.  Its up and running fine now.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2015, 13:53:02 »
My new T-5 light fixture arrived with a bulb broken. So instead of sending me just one bulb, They had me send the whole unit back for replacement.  Its up and running fine now.

That is completely crazy

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2015, 21:01:34 »
After procrastinating for a couple months I'm back to working on a stand for the 2 bad boys that are going to be on it:)

Looks like it is going to be 2 monster tanks!

Offline saltykid96

• Fry
« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2015, 21:37:53 »
Not as big as some of these other monsters I see but it will be a 150 agressive fowlr and a 125 reef. I'm excited😃

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2015, 21:46:27 »
It is exciting, looks like a solid stand.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2017, 00:37:03 »
Indirectly related to the hobby. I picked up this kiln last week. I have been wanting one for a long time but never pulled the trigger. I am super stoked about it. Looking forward to making lots of cool salwater safe item with it

Offline soldiers4christ50

• Adult
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2017, 17:15:39 »
that looks sweet brian. cant wait to see what you make with it.

Offline Keith92

• Keith92
  • Adult
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2017, 21:04:09 »
I would like to have the first Lazy's Coral House Clay coffee mug :alas:

Offline jmiller1611

• Josh
  • Frag Committee
  • Fry
« Reply #189 on: July 13, 2018, 21:20:46 »
Stocking up