2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Tapatalk  (Read 5441 times)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Tapatalk
« on: January 03, 2017, 15:19:41 »
Tapatalk - Anyone can't live without this? Ohio Reef is going to be getting a facelift and trying to reduce the number of customizations on the site.

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
Re: Tapatalk
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 16:13:08 »
for me, I use it a lot. I don't have a pc at home. Not a must, buy I like it and use it.
It costs HOW much?!

Offline Steve

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 16:38:44 »
What exactly does tapatalk do? I have never used it, but jyst because I didn't know what it was.

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 16:54:35 »
What exactly does tapatalk do? I have never used it, but jyst because I didn't know what it was.
tapatalk is a smartphone app that you can use to access forums instead of from a pc or tablet. if you have a dumb phone, it doesn't matter :be happy:
It costs HOW much?!

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 17:13:22 »
Tapatalk - Anyone can't live without this? Ohio Reef is going to be getting a facelift and trying to reduce the number of customizations on the site.

Last week, there were 8 IOS users and 5 Android Users using Tapatalk.  11 Posts created.

Offline Keith92

• Keith92
  • Adult
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 17:13:39 »
I use it all the time. Do most members use the club website with smart phones?

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 17:40:38 »
tapatalk is a smartphone app that you can use to access forums instead of from a pc or tablet. if you have a dumb phone, it doesn't matter :be happy:

I have a LG G3 and access the forum all the time without any app. Just wondering what the bonus or purpose of it was.

I do.

Offline Kenn

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 18:31:25 »
I use it mostly because I can easily take a quick picture with my phone and post it quickly with no hassles.

Otherwise I use browsers to access the site
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline ohioreef

• Founding Member
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 19:04:59 »
It's the only way I access the site.

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 19:25:44 »
I use it mostly because I can easily take a quick picture with my phone and post it quickly with no hassles.

That's the kinda info I was looking for. So you can post a pic straight from tapatalk?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 20:48:20 »
You use Tapatalk software all the time or access Ohio Reef site with a mobile device all the time?

Back in the day when mobile phones accessed the internet the screens were small and didn't have the power to view rich content. Now days most have Android and iphones which natively without tapatalk get the same website experience as they would on a computer using their phone. Tapatalk removes the Ohio Reef forum interface, scales back the experience in favor of a theme that is generic across all forums. As we move Ohio Reef to a modern software package that targets today's features is this a important feature that should be supported (Limiting our choices).

Offline Keith92

• Keith92
  • Adult
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 20:58:39 »
I use tapatalk all the time. I really don't care if changed are made.  I will adapt how I use the site. If it is easy,  it is for me.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 21:09:57 »
For those that do use tapatalk can you tell me why you use that over a standard mobile browser? i.e safari, chrome etc... I ask because as we select/build the new interface is there some feature that you are getting with tapatalk that isn't offered on your native mobile browser?

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 23:00:01 »
I don't use tapatalk here at Ohio Reef, mainly because of the admin features I need to access.  But on other forums, I use tapatalk or non-graphical forum interfaces where I can on my iphone.  On my Ipad I use the full web browser interfaces, although most have horrible time with IOS10 keyboards and selecting text.

I have no idea what software packages you are evaluating, but as long as it has a option for a graphically trimmed mobile experience, then it should be fine.

Offline mtamorrow

• Mike's Red Sea Reefer
  • Adult
Tapatalk
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 06:41:37 »
I use Tapatalk all the time. It's easy and convenient. That being said, I can get used to using the browser on my iPhone just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:45:04 by mtamorrow »
It costs HOW much?!

Offline Kenn

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 14:29:02 »
That's the kinda info I was looking for. So you can post a pic straight from tapatalk?

That's correct. However that's the ONLY reason I still use it.

The interface is really generic.

I wouldn't miss it if we were to drop the App.
Currently doing a 75g build | http://ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=16275.0| tanks of the past : 26g Bowfront LPS and Fish| http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=4858.0 || 37g a little of everything | http://www.ohioreef.com/index.php?topic=7751.0

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."   < K >

Offline TroyReeF

• Adult
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2017, 14:37:05 »
 I use the taptalk app, I can do everything from the app I can do on the site. However if I am sitting at my computer I do prefer the website.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2017, 14:39:10 »
I use the taptalk app, I can do everything from the app I can do on the site. However if I am sitting at my computer I do prefer the website.

Hi Brian, can you share why you use the taptalk app over the website?

Offline TroyReeF

• Adult
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 14:42:56 »
Convenience and speed, I can have a real time conversation with the group like this right from my phone. I can also post pics very easy from my phone. I have to be sitting at my computer to use site.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2017, 14:55:03 »
Convenience and speed, I can have a real time conversation with the group like this right from my phone. I can also post pics very easy from my phone. I have to be sitting at my computer to use site.

Tapatalk has a news feed and does it well. I like how it organizes new content and shows it similar to facebook. It shows the post and allows you to respond without having to open each individual thread. This is one of the many areas that SMF (Our forum software) lacks and is dated.

Offline Grymtooth

• Adult
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 11:44:03 »
Just to add my $.02, I have been using tapatalk as well, since my chrome is usually very cluttered with windows/tabs, and I find its easier to attach images in tapatalk. I will use whichever is supported by the club, but I have found the whole flickr to website to post images a little cumbersome on mobile devices.

Jordan

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2017, 19:55:28 »
Tapatalk is back online, you probably need to remove and then re-add the site.  It's listed as Ohio Reef.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 20:02:26 »
Excellent Thanks for fixing!