2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: KH Alkalinity Monitor  (Read 6937 times)

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: KH Alkalinity Monitor
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2018, 19:31:55 »
It has been running maintenance free and accurate for past 3 weeks. I got it hooked up to the apex today so I should be able to get some nice ph/dkh graphs after a week. Here is a built in graph from kh monitor

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2018, 14:18:16 »
Here ya go Jesse. When PH is up, Alk consumption is lower. ph rises with lights on however alk consumption is higher when lights go off. The only way to test ph affect on alk consumption is to artificially raise ph using a scrubber when lights are off and see if overall alk consumption for the day is higher then days without the scrubber. I think we already know the answer is yes however I am not sure it is a good thing since the ocean ph is much lower at night then the day. So that is a natural swing that probrably is important to coral in some way.

Offline SweetReefOH

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2018, 19:55:28 »
That’s very interesting. Is that consumption after lights out “respiration” and when the coral is actually growing?

Also, My personal experience with a fuge is only a pH difference of about .05 between my tanks. One with s fuge and one without.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2018, 21:06:18 »

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 19:26:34 »
great stuff lazy, I have been tracking mine a ton, alkatronic needs calibrated every 2 weeks, which is annoying but i guess needed to keep the pumps true to the settings they need. My alk is very stable, i did notice the alkatronic dosed some alk for me the other day to keep up with consumption.

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2018, 08:05:50 »
do you know what kind of reagent your machine uses, i think i have figured out what mine does and will be making a DIY solution.

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2018, 12:45:31 »
I don’t but that would be nice to be able to create my own. If you come across it let me know

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2018, 13:26:54 »
might stop by saturday morning and let you try a test solution.