Welcome to Ohio Reef!

As a guest you can only see a small portion of our online content. Please register it is free and only takes a minute. Click here to Register now. 

Author Topic: KH Alkalinity Monitor  (Read 4325 times)

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
KH Alkalinity Monitor
« on: April 05, 2018, 10:15:30 »
Neptune Systems announced a delay last week with the Trident. My Alk has been tuff to control lately so I decided to purchase the KH Alkalinity Monitor with the Advanced Interface Module. It connects to the Apex PH port allowing monitoring/alerting. Looking forward to getting it up and running. Anyone else have one setup? How has it been working for you?

Offline erky

• Premium Member
  • Adult
Re: KH Alkalinity Monitor
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 13:08:09 »
Neptune Systems announced a delay last week with the Trident. My Alk has been tuff to control lately so I decided to purchase the KH Alkalinity Monitor with the Advanced Interface Module. It connects to the Apex PH port allowing monitoring/alerting. Looking forward to getting it up and running. Anyone else have one setup? How has it been working for you?

very interested in your feedback on it, I was looking at that and the alkatronic.

Offline Heinbaughb

• Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 14:53:37 »
Toby has the alktronic but I donít believe he has connected it yet to his system.

120 gallon mixed reef.

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 15:30:30 »
I almost bought the kh monitor from Premium but after a search found it much cheaper on coralvue website. The KH Guardian went from $1,269 to $599 and they throw in the Advanced Interface Module. The Monitor is $499 from $649 and they also throw in the Advanced Interface Module.  That is quite a difference in price. All the retailers still have listed at full price. I bet they are pissed off. I wonder if Coralvue is abandoning them. I went with the monitor because it is latest and thought it may have updates being the 2nd version of the Dr Bridge KH products. I dose using BRS and Apex so didn't the guardian to dose for me. Plus I will eventually get the Trident with DOS.

http://www.coralvue.com/dr-bridge

Offline erky

• Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 15:45:03 »
I almost bought the kh monitor from Premium but after a search found it much cheaper on coralvue website. The KH Guardian went from $1,269 to $599 and they throw in the Advanced Interface Module. The Monitor is $499 from $649 and they also throw in the Advanced Interface Module.  That is quite a difference in price. All the retailers still have listed at full price. I bet they are pissed off. I wonder if Coralvue is abandoning them. I went with the monitor because it is latest and thought it may have updates being the 2nd version of the Dr Bridge KH products. I dose using BRS and Apex so didn't the guardian to dose for me. Plus I will eventually get the Trident with DOS.

http://www.coralvue.com/dr-bridge

what was your reasoning for going with that product? same idea just a different design of the alkatronic or what are your thinking?

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 16:40:21 »
what was your reasoning for going with that product? same idea just a different design of the alkatronic or what are your thinking?

I am going with the Trident I just wanted something that would fill the gap of alk monitoring until it comes out. It was the cheapest option ($300 less then alkatronic) and been on the market the longest. (2nd version of the product line)

Offline Nbehnken

• Premium Member
  • Juvenile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 20:34:55 »
Iím interested to hear how it works out for you. Looks like you got a great deal on it as well.

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2018, 22:27:51 »
It worked for a few days then stopped working. The system wonít power up now. Smells like a bad capacitor. Waiting on a replacement

Offline Nbehnken

• Premium Member
  • Juvenile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 16:25:29 »
Thatís horrible, hopefully customer support handles everything well.

Offline erky

• Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 14:25:04 »
any update?

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 17:19:24 »
I haven't had a chance to send it back yet.  Hope to do that this week

Offline erky

• Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2018, 08:51:08 »
I haven't had a chance to send it back yet.  Hope to do that this week

I am struggling to keep my alk stable, since the RTN event started my consumption is down and alk went up a bit. I could really use one of these as I cant test my tank as much as I'd like. I like the alkatronic but they are back ordered, so I don't know what I should do.

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2018, 10:21:54 »
While it worked it was consistent. I didnít get a chance to integrate with apex so canít comment on that.

Offline erky

• Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2018, 14:26:18 »
did you ever get a new unit?

Offline Lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Elder
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 15:02:02 »
Yes I got it back yesterday. Going to hook it back up sometime this week