2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Apex Ph spikes  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Gary

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Apex Ph spikes
« on: May 31, 2018, 13:34:31 »
The Apex Classic Ph occasionally spikes from 8.4's to 50 (Ph limit is 14) but only at 4:00 AM (not everyday but always at 4:00 AM). There is no activity at that time (no switch or dosing). It would appear to be a possible software issue. I have asked the Neptune Community Forum but no solution yet. The Apex has been updated with the latest firm and reset. I have a call into Neptune as well. Has anyone experience this before?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Apex Ph spikes
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 22:10:38 »
Is there anything else in the home (not apex connected) that you can think of that occurs at 4:00? 

Offline Gary

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 23:24:51 »
Good point! The only things that I can think of that have a specific time related activities are the Heatpump (A/C), router, and a second Apex on another tank. The only one that has any activity around 4:00 AM would be the Heatpump (I changed the schedule to avoid any transitions around 4:00 AM.).

Offline Gary

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 12:39:12 »
Neptune is looking at the problem. They think it is environmental.  Apex is on surge suppressors but may need better filtering and RFI suppression. I changed the log intervals from 10 to 1 minute. It hasn't spike for 2 nights.