2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Seed Live Rock  (Read 1032 times)

Offline ghurlag

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
Seed Live Rock
« on: February 27, 2019, 19:20:11 »
Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get a small piece of seed live rock to help populate my dry rock with microfauna? 

Offline SweetReefOH

• Adult
Re: Seed Live Rock
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 19:38:04 »
Personally, I used dry rock on my 75 reboot. There are enough pests to deal with when you start adding coral frags. I didn’t want to deal with anymore potential threats than need be. Yes, it will take the tank longer to mature, but I guess that’s the trade off. Just MHO

Offline ghurlag

• Adult
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 19:52:47 »
Personally, I used dry rock on my 75 reboot. There are enough pests to deal with when you start adding coral frags. I didn’t want to deal with anymore potential threats than need be. Yes, it will take the tank longer to mature, but I guess that’s the trade off. Just MHO

I kind of agree with you on that, and money and pests being what they are, that’s why I went with dry rock this time around.  And at some point the microfauna will build up.  I just need to be patient and add things slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Steve

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2019, 03:08:39 »
I am in Middletown as well and probably have a couple small pieces in my sump to help you out, if you want.

Offline ghurlag

• Adult
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2019, 13:02:15 »
I am in Middletown as well and probably have a couple small pieces in my sump to help you out, if you want.

Cool!  I may reach out soon - the tank is arriving today and I expect it to be wet by the end of the weekend, barring unforeseen circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk