2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Neptune Trident... who all is planning on getting one?  (Read 5027 times)

Offline NeveSSL

• Fry
We are getting close... they dropped the software updates yesterday.  :)

I believe I've got one locked in... anyone else planning on getting one?

Brandon

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
Re: Neptune Trident... who all is planning on getting one?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 17:55:42 »
Sooner or later.  Neptune doesn't have a good track record of bugs or hardware problems on first release.

Offline CoralBeauties

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 20:20:29 »
I think it stinks that it will not work with the older classic controller. 
Jeff

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 23:49:04 »
Good you got one locked in. I will try to get one but not counting on being that lucky. Not sure how many they will have but probably not enough.

Offline NeveSSL

• Fry
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 00:12:47 »
Sooner or later.  Neptune doesn't have a good track record of bugs or hardware problems on first release.

Fair enough.  I have a trusted friend who is testing one and says his has been very solid overall through the NSI period.  I believe they've tested the crap out of these things.

I think it stinks that it will not work with the older classic controller. 
Jeff

I agree.  They say the classic doesn't have enough resources of some sort, but I'm not sure I believe them.  I don't think they've said exactly what it is the new ones have that the classics don't. 

Good you got one locked in. I will try to get one but not counting on being that lucky. Not sure how many they will have but probably not enough.

I have a friend who is NSI and is also a dealer, so I think he's been able to secure one for me.  I won't be too heartbroken if I have to wait until the second round come out.  Hope you're able to get one, too, Brian. 

Brandon

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 07:47:09 »
not me, i already have an alk monitor!

Offline NeveSSL

• Fry
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 10:36:55 »
Did you get an alktronic?

Brandon

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 20:03:30 »
Did you get an alktronic?

Brandon

yes have had it about a year now, i really like it! they just released the doseatronic that will do ca/mg and whatever else you want up to 4 bottles dosed.

Offline NeveSSL

• Fry
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 21:05:43 »
Nice!

The Trident was announced as available tonight at midnight, which is pretty sweet. 

Brandon

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 22:50:27 »
I picked up Lazylivin's old kh guardian that he had so many problems with.  I bought and installed all the newer updated parts on it and updated the driver and it has been working like a champ.  Been running for 6 weeks now and has only had a few out of kilter readings.  I am hoping this trend will continue long term.  It is just a monitor and I am not sure that I would totally trust my alk levels to a controller.  One false low reading and have the controller overdose alk and kiss your corals goodby.
Jeff

Offline NeveSSL

• Fry
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 22:57:11 »
That makes sense, Jeff.  However, it's important to understand that the dosing is controlled within limits.  It won't just suddenly dose 4 times as much as it normally would due to one bad reading.  It will actually sound an alarm if something is way off base.  :) 

Brandon

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 23:37:30 »
You can set up the kh guardian the same way with limiting the amount of alk it will dose at one time and it will link up to apex and you can program alerts.  I have been using it mostly for watching trends in alk and has been invaluable while adjusting my calcium reactor.  I would still test manually randomly to confirm any alk monitor or controller.  The kh guardian uses a ph probe to test with so if the probe would slowly change its readings you might not notice it and the alk readings on the controller would be affected either up or down.  Re calibration of the probe will need to be done every couple on months I would think to keep things accurate.
Jeff

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 10:35:35 »
You can set up the kh guardian the same way with limiting the amount of alk it will dose at one time and it will link up to apex and you can program alerts.  I have been using it mostly for watching trends in alk and has been invaluable while adjusting my calcium reactor.  I would still test manually randomly to confirm any alk monitor or controller.  The kh guardian uses a ph probe to test with so if the probe would slowly change its readings you might not notice it and the alk readings on the controller would be affected either up or down.  Re calibration of the probe will need to be done every couple on months I would think to keep things accurate.
Jeff

I tried to share with Lazy my DIY reagent mix but it didnt work for the KHG, have you played with that yet?

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2019, 11:40:58 »
I tried to share with Lazy my DIY reagent mix but it didnt work for the KHG, have you played with that yet?
No I havent yet.  I have one packet of their reagent and a few weeks worth of my first batch.  More then willing to try another reagent since it looks like it will be about $15 a month just to keep the kh guardian running.
Jeff

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 11:47:38 »
No I havent yet.  I have one packet of their reagent and a few weeks worth of my first batch.  More then willing to try another reagent since it looks like it will be about $15 a month just to keep the kh guardian running.
Jeff

i think i found a mix you can try, i will send you a pm. could save you significant $ in the long run

Offline CoralBeauties

• Adult
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 12:00:13 »
Are you able to have the test samples empty back into the tank? I am currently doing that with no problems.
Jeff

Offline erky

• Adult
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 13:01:44 »
yes 100%

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2019, 13:08:29 »
So anyone get one out of that first shipment?

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2019, 20:01:14 »
It was supposed to be released 3 AM Eastern time and BRS said they won’t release it a minute sooner in their live event on that day. I set my alarm for 2:59 AM and kept hitting refresh on the site until about 3:20am and it never showed available. I started doing some checks on Facebook and apparently they released it 10 minutes early so it went on sale at 2:50 AM and was sold out around 2:58am.

If anyone hears they’re going to be available again text me if you wouldn’t mind 937-344-3956

Offline Wall_Tank

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2019, 11:45:53 »
I think PA did the same thing.  I got an email saying they were available.....I saw the email come in, and they were sold out already.

Look at ebay.....one is already bid upto $1325......

Offline NeveSSL

• Fry
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2019, 11:49:01 »
Not gonna lie... if I'm able to get one, I'll be tempted to stick it on eBay.  lol

I didn't get in the first round... hoping for the second!

Brandon

Offline NeveSSL

• Fry
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2019, 13:55:52 »
Got mine ordered today!  I think the second batch released today.  Hopefully it'll be here Friday, but it could be Monday.  We'll see.

Brandon

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2019, 23:35:31 »
Congratulations! I am so jealous

Offline NeveSSL

• Fry
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2019, 13:05:18 »
It came in!  The box had some graffiti.  I dig it!  :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline lazylivin

• Administrator
  • Adult
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2019, 22:56:46 »
Congrats on scoring one!