2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Anyone know how to kill off or relocate individual mushrooms??  (Read 2888 times)

Offline rmstevensiii

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
I have some 'shrooms which are damaging other corals and I need to remove them from the tank somehow.  Does anyone know of a method for doing this?

TIA....
Dayton - 45459

quicksilver

Re: Anyone know how to kill off or relocate individual mushrooms??
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 14:32:17 »
If u want to kill them inject them with boiling RO water seems to do the trick on pest anemones. I have moved some just buy pealing them off of rocks and glass and just using ruber bands to hold them onto a new spot.

MechanicalEngineer

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 20:12:40 »
I've always kalk-pasted them.  It helps to either make an uber-thick solution of it or to take the rock out of the water to do it (and not put it back in until it solidifies). 

Might want to check out Sodium Hydroxide (I think.)  I covered it in the first Reef Brief issue.  It's nasty stuff, so research it first and be careful with it.  I'd help more...but I'm kinda busy.   ;)

Offline Riderc82

• Adult
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 22:09:53 »
I agree you could use kalk paste if you just have a couple you could also cut the head off and put a small piece of epoxy over the remaining foot.  Or you can do like I'm planning to do this weekend and get the hammer and chisel out.