2024 Ohio Reef Frag Swap

2024 flyer

Author Topic: Ghost Shrimp  (Read 2052 times)

Offline SirPuffington

• Juvenile
Ghost Shrimp
« on: October 23, 2014, 15:15:15 »
I loved them in my FW tank, along with the cherrys and other colors I had, and I know they can live in SW. Was curious if anyone had experience with them, other than just food? I have a full reef setup, and I'm sure my dottieback will get some (if not all of them eventually, unless I can catch him). Any idea how they will do in the tank? Will they bug my corals? (I doubt it, though), what about my 2 nems?

Offline Twizted1

• Adult
Re: Ghost Shrimp
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 16:24:28 »
I loved them in my FW tank, along with the cherrys and other colors I had, and I know they can live in SW. Was curious if anyone had experience with them, other than just food? I have a full reef setup, and I'm sure my dottieback will get some (if not all of them eventually, unless I can catch him). Any idea how they will do in the tank? Will they bug my corals? (I doubt it, though), what about my 2 nems?

I tried several times to convert them to 100% salt. Never could get them to live for more than a couple days. When I first got my lion and leaf fish, that's all they would eat. So I had a freshwater set up and kept it stocked with shrimp and guppies. And I fed them the. Spectrum pellets.

Offline SirPuffington

• Juvenile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 16:33:40 »
I've read people having success of acclimating them, and living for over a year (I could only keep shrimp for maybe 6 months in FW)

Offline bbtm64

• Lifetime Premium Member
  • Adult
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 18:17:23 »
If you want saltwater ghost/feeder/grass shrimp check out scshark on eBay http://m.ebay.com/sch/scshark/m.html?isRefine=true&_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Brent McCloskey